What's new

AlonzoRamon

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey!

I'm wondering if there is a way to encase a CPS2 board and if it would be cheaper to do that than buy the games with the Case. I'm seeing some listings in a group that are CPS2 games but they have nothing but the board. Is it worth the work to find an empty case and put it in one or just find a game that's complete?

While this is a specific case, this is something I've seen more than I thought I would. I have no idea how common it is, so that's why I'm asking.

Thanks,

Jansens customs and TRfightstick make some awesome aftermarket case options.

Not sure how they stack up to the cost of buying OEM shells, but they look awesome.

As with a lot of vintage stuff, if you can find something complete it’s often more economical than collecting the parts, but also as with lots of vintage stuff, most of the really nice examples are owned by collectors who only trade with other collectors

Jansens customs and TRfightstick make some awesome aftermarket case options.

Not sure how they stack up to the cost of buying OEM shells, but they look awesome.

As with a lot of vintage stuff, if you can find something complete it’s often more economical than collecting the parts, but also as with lots of vintage stuff, most of the really nice examples are owned by collectors who only trade with other collectors
Ahh okay, I just looked up his work. Its really good. Its kind of expensive though. It would pretty much be the same price as one with the case. I guess its something you do if you absolutely have* to buy it without the case.

Thanks for putting me on to his work. Ill keep this in the back pocket for sure.

Just in my experience - I've seen a bunch of bare boards on Ali Express, and while I haven't gone looking specifically for empty shells, I rarely find any when looking for general CPS2 stuff. I think this makes sense - shells are just plastic and tend to crack.

If you're playing the games, it doesn't really matter. The games will work just as well with no shell.

Back