What's new

TheCrow

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got this cps3 in partially working order ( i didn’t know that at the time of buying ) , when i started testing it the buttons didn’t work , a quick visual inspection revealed that one row of pins on the DI-2929 was lifted , so i resoldered the pins back in place then boom the graphics are all messed up , i don’t know what happened but the character rams got fried ( I didn’t know that at the time )
So out of angers
i crushed the pins that i soldered , sorry for the long story , now to the repair process :
*********First: i removed the bad DI-2929 and replaced it with one from a donor board
I lifted some pads because i crushed them like a dumbass when i got angry lol wasn’t worried about that at that moment

***********Second : i searched for repair logs and found some on this beautiful forum , it revealed that the character rams are the culprit, replaced all 4 of them ( 2D/3D/4D/5D ) that didn’t make a change as i got the replacements from a donor board and they could be bad as well, after maybe 2/3 months after leaving the board , i gave it another shot got some other rams from another donor board and soldered them in place , tested good still the graphics are somewhat messed up , went to the test menu tested the memory and it revealed the sprite ram is bad , replaced the sprite ram ( 1D )

*********Third : repaired the Brocken pad

boom the game up and running perfectly .
IMG_4073.jpeg
IMG_4075.jpeg
IMG_4077.jpeg
IMG_4076.jpeg

Last edited:
Excellent work, your boards look like they have done a few hours in an arcade. Are gaming arcades a big thing in Algeria?

Back