What's new

arcadeaction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a secondary CPS3 motherboard that plays with the following issues and looking for suggestions.

1) main issue is the color red seems shifted/ duplicated as shown in the attached photo on the CPS3 color test. You can see it overlaps on the white bar also. I’ve ran the PCB on more than one monitor and it is definitely the PCB. When playing the game the blending of colors definitely look off.
18919968-0CC0-4974-8DDE-2E70B9CBBDA1.jpeg

2) Strong/medium punch input for player one does not register. I'll see if I can track down a simple trace issue.

3) Sound pot probably needs cleaning or replacing as works but I need to push down on it every so often. I see there is an inexpensive sound pot that can be purchased for this.

Last edited:
This happened to me too. Never solved the problem.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply, there are no other sprite issues and the game is otherwise playable except for the medium punch not registering.

1) Just looking at the colours, my guess would be that the highest data bit for the red channel of the DAC is broken. That would explain the red colour bar, and the colour shift of the white bar.

Is there a readily available DAC/associated part that can be swapped on the board?

1) Just looking at the colours, my guess would be that the highest data bit for the red channel of the DAC is broken. That would explain the red colour bar, and the colour shift of the white bar.

Is there a readily available replacement part for that?

Back