What's new

Which name do you prefer for the new CPS3 Simms with 8x capacity?

• CPSIII 8x Simm

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • CPSIII MegaSimm

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • CPSIII SuperSimm

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • CPSIII UltraSimm

Votes: 42 39.6%

• Total voters

mR_CaESaR

Grand Master
Reaction score
I think if it's going to be paired up with the SuperBios, then it should be called SuperSIMM.

If there's a new BIOS that's required and it'll be called UltraBios, then it should be called UltraSIMM

However, I do like @xodaraP's SIMMing Bird Kick suggestion :D :D :D

ArcSys101

Grand Master
Reaction score
Simm Simm Simm Everybody Start to Simm uhhh wahhooo Now every need the Simms

idc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indeed. A new name for the new BIOS is probably a good thing. It will avoid confusion over whether Darksoft carts are otherwise the ‘old’ type (current SuperBIOS) or the ‘new’ type (UltraBIOS).

KaPH33n

Grand Master
Reaction score
If it is UltraSIMM then I am ok with that. It's a good name. It follows with Capcom canon, and hopefully it is the ultimate version. However, I am a little torn because it makes it a SF reference. DarkSimm at least references @Darksoft the creator, so I like that. Truth is this version of the SIMMs isn't SF specific. If anything it will give a lot more visibility to Jojos and Warzard. Hopefully it encourages people to do more hacks and maybe even cps3 homebrew?

Standout features as I see it:
- instant switching
- nocd version removes the need for optical drive/emulation
- user customizable banks

What about the term Perfect, it is something that is present in all 6 of the CPS3 game ROMs. It's less catchy though... PerfectSIMM doesn't have as cool of a vibe as UltraSIMM? Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way?