What's new

And One

Student
Reaction score
Hello all, I recently bought a Street Fighter 3 New Generation set up and when I turned it on to play it It said it was Asia version. When I look at it I can't tell the difference from the American version I have hardware wise. What makes one set up different from the other regionally?

Hardware wise (motherboard) it's exactly the same, software wise could be some small differences per region.
E.g.: slightly different difficulty levels for some regions.
Also the default credit settings for some region is different.

Last edited:
The only differences would be text language in game and the potential to be a NoCD version.

The bios in the cart is the only difference hardware-wise.

So if I got another American cart then I would have an American version instead of the Asia version that it is right now? The CD-Rom would not matter for region? Motherboard is universal?

Yep. PCB, CD, everything is the same except the bios on the cart. If you buy a US cart then you wouldn't even need to rewrite the game.

If you are looking for an American region SF3:NG, let me know. I have a spare one I can part with.

I would take you up on that offer Jdurg but I actually got one and was wondering if it was possible for me to use it for the SF3NG set up I have that is an Asia version. I figured if I have this extra American cart can I just switch it out and make the Asia version I have American? Now I know I can so now it's an American version and I have an extra Asia cart. Thank you for the offer though. I appreciate it.

Yep. The cart controls the region.

Don't worry there is code for region switching in Jojo's.
7kmBomC.png

b0MqIzc.png

Also I know at least with SFIII3s, if you are playing as Ryu or Ken and perform a shoryuken uppercut. The sound bit or sound effects are different from Asian and Japan regions. While the usa and japan are the same it's very clear to hear both characters use their Heavy Punch or Throw sounds bit in place of the shoryuken sounds bit in the Asian version. Just some food for thought.

Asia region is pretty much the Korean region there used to be a lot of rules on Japanese games for them to be sold there. Here is a few you can find like Korean characters have to speak Korean, sometimes unique features like a new soundtrack, and/or removing the Japanese voices. Sometimes even a name change can get by.

Back