What's new

buffi

Champion
Reaction score
So uh… I had a storm blade that worked fine for a bit, and then died, by glitching out and then started always giving me a black screen.

Swapping the rom-board onto another Seta System V motherboard worked for about 45 minutes, then it started glitching out and now that mobo is also dead giving a black screen.

The motherboards seem dead when used on other games too now, so something on the Storm Blade romboard is causing main board damage???

Voltages seem fine so I’m a bit perplexed here. Before looking further, anyone else seen anything like this?

Oh yeah, just remembered that I was recording so uhhh, this is what it looks like when it suicided!
This even has overhead capture of the CRT on the top left lol

The heatsink on these motherboards is heavy and they get hot. The custom chip under the heatsink is known to come loose. So you may need a reflow.

I have a issue at the moment with colours on one of my motherboard. Parts have been ordered and will document the fix.

Very touchy hardware for sure…

I mean, i guess attempting to reflow the one thats in my junkpile cant hurt anything.

Otherwise if anyone have recommendations for an exorcist, that works too.

Thanks for that @system11 - I recently used this guide to diagnose colour issues on my SSV but once I ordered the parts in it had miraculously fixed itself.

Those components are a real bitch to desolder btw, I tried one with the desoldering gun and fresh solder and gave up.

Ok I fixed it so the images will load for everyone now. Old hosting for images a victim of "everything must be https now even when there is no practical benefit whatsoever".

Back