What's new

neoVLAD

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi I just bought a darksoft cart I made a folder called update and placed the firmware files inside after I extracted them I also made a folder called menu and placed it inside the update folder and all I get is a cross hatch test screen it won’t work at all I tried many different sd cards sandisk and Samsung I formatted them all to fat32 but can’t seem to get anything to work any suggestions

So you have a SD:\update\menu directory, did you also place the latest version of the menu (extracted) into this folder?
It will sit on the cross hatch screen for a few mins while it updates itself (the slower the SD card write speed the longer this will take).

Yes I placed menu in the update folder I extracted and made two folders it’s sitting on cross hatch for 10-15 mins

When you look at the SD card after attempting to update, are ALL the files you put in the Update folder still present?
As the Multi flashes the files it will delete them (ie missing some files is good, it means thos flashed/updated correctly).
Could help you track down what piece isn't working correctly (menu or firmware or both).

I recommend using Sandisk Ultra or Samsung EVO+, both are above 100mb/sec write speed (I think Sandisk Ultras start at 64GB which is waaay bigger than you actually need but still recommended for the write speeds).

All the files are still there the multicart didn’t delete any of them the problem I’m having is both the menu and update file I just bought the darksoft multicart I tried other micro sd cards I extracted them all to fat32 and followed all the steps

I extracted them all to fat32 and followed all the steps
Its tricky with the file system sometimes...
I recommend you make a folder on the Desktop called MVS.

Inside this MVS folder get EVERYTHING in place, games, update, update/menu etc etc
Give the SD card a fresh/single FAT32 partition/format with Mini Tool Partition Wizard, 64k cluster size.
Copy the files from the MVS directory you created (do not extract directly to the SD card) all at once right after a fresh format (not file by file).

Most importantly don't PANIC. ;)
We'll sort you out.

Sure I’ll do that when I get home I downloaded the latest firmware extracted it with 7zip named the folder update inside the update folder I added a folder called menu

named the folder update inside the update folder
What?
So you have SD:\update\update ?
No that isn't correct if so, should be SD:\update (with firmware files inside)
The menu is inside update SD:\update\menu (with menu files inside)

I have a update folder with the firmware inside and menu folder inside the same folder

Update folder firmware inside and menu folder inside the update folder

Update folder firmware inside
I think your directory structure is to blame, wait until you can provide a screen shot of your SD:\update and we can continue.
It really sounds like you are saying you have two folders both named "update" and that isn't correct.

Its tricky with the file system sometimes...
I recommend you make a folder on the Desktop called MVS.

Inside this MVS folder get EVERYTHING in place, games, update, update/menu etc etc
Give the SD card a fresh/single FAT32 partition/format with Mini Tool Partition Wizard, 64k cluster size.
Copy the files from the MVS directory you created (do not extract directly to the SD card) all at once right after a fresh format (not file by file).

Most importantly don't PANIC. ;)
We'll sort you out.
I think your directory structure is to blame, wait until you can provide a screen shot of your SD:\update and we can continue.
It really sounds like you are saying you have two folders both named "update" and that isn't correct.

I have one folder that is called update inside it I have the firmware files along with a folder called menu

I’ll provide a screen shot I’m not panicking and I appreciate the help this is why I bought the darksoft cart because I think it’s a better product then the neo sd pro and I heard the support is great

Ok that sounds correct then, how about the FAT32 format?
Did you use something like Mini Tool Partition Wizzard to ensure you only have one single FAT32 partition (no additional partitions before or after)?

Format should be fine then.
Now I'm wondering about the health of that microSD port.
Went in nice and smooth, eject was springy?

How about re-seating the entire MVS cart a few times as well?

It’s springy ejects fine and inserts fine I removed the cart a dozen times to try so I can confirm that’s not the issue

E6EE39DE-BF33-40F7-9D56-57099C54B9A5.jpeg

Back