What's new

emceebois

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello. Someone who does mod work for me and who I respect a great deal is looking for a Model 1 to JAMMA adapter. The only direct evidence I've found of anyone ever pulling this off is someone named "Mark (UK)" on this old page: https://rec.games.video.arcade.collecting.narkive.com/AwrmJEiL/sega-model-1-to-jamma-adapter

Mark's personal website, leopardcats.com, is long gone, and the Wayback Machine only shows an email on the same domain and an eBay link for a username that has since been claimed by a zero feedback account from Poland.

So how do I help my acquaintance out? Is there anyone currently making Model 1 to JAMMA adapters I simply couldn't find, or at the very least someone who knows how to wire one? Do any of you recognize who "Mark (UK)" is and know how to contact him?

Thanks for indulging the wild goose chase. Cheers.

mark has gone silent?? thats not good.
i met the guy a few times.

I didn't know whether or not Mark had gone silent since I was unable to find any good contact information for him, but knowing that he has a new website that replaced the leopardcats domain is very helpful info! I shot him an email and will update if he responds. I found ItsBobDudes post but I'm not a big electronics guy so I don't know how to take the knowledge of the Model 1's pinout and turn it into a converter. My modder friend is better with electronics than I am but she was looking/hoping there was a plug-n-play solution. If there were a gerber file and a BOM then that would be something she could probably proceed from.

problem with model 1/2/3 is they use JST connectors, so you cant do a pcb solution - you have to spend ages with reels of cable and a crimp tool :(

Yup, Mark replied from his new email address and confirmed "There’s only a JAMMA fingerboard to use, the rest is all hand wired. Just follow the schematic of the cabinet, that’s what I did."

Back