What's new

Kitinota

Student
Reaction score
I know that some games can works in 15hz mode, but.....can all games works in 15hz mode?

For example, if i load any game via netboot, can works in 15hz mode? or are any imcompatibility list?

It really seems like a shame to display Naomi in 15khz tho... The system kicks out some nice visuals @ 640x480.
Many games have small text and details that are almost illegible in 15k. The interlacing is gross.

This is the reason why Tri-sync or Multi-sync monitors are so great, 15/24/31khz can handle anything you throw at it.

I know that some games can works in 15hz mode, but.....can all games works in 15hz mode?

For example, if i load any game via netboot, can works in 15hz mode? or are any imcompatibility list?
First.. a nit-pick but it's 15kHZ and 31kHz as in 15,000 Hz and 31,000 Hz horizontal refresh rate is measured in killohertz.. I can understand the confusion since vertical refresh rates are normally measured in plain old hertz.

I went through most of the NAOMI game list at one point and the ONLY games i found that didn't support 15kHz mode were Airline Pilots, Sega Strike Fighter, and WaveRunner GP; AFAIK there are NO games that don't support 31kHz mode.

Of course these are noted in my Compatibility chart: NAOMI Net-Boot BIOS and I/O Board Compatibility Chart

Such games as capcom vs snk 2, street fighter alpha 3 have a good screen image in 31hz ?

Sanwa 29E31S Good or not monitor?

Back