What's new

wood5578

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi all !

I was wondering if it is possible to downgrade an ES3 game to an older version of it? I have the USB update dongle for the game. I heard the ES1 were able to do that.

The game is currently running on a later version (not the latest since I can't download the updates for some reason) but I'm curious to see what the base unpatched version of the game had offered and maybe also check on a certain (old) patched version.

Once I'm done with it, is it possible to revert it back to the current version, assuming I had already made a clone/image of the drive with the updates before the downgrade?

What game is it ?
It mostly depends on how the update script was made.

ES3 tooling allows to remove and copy game VHD but most of the time the script is only designed to push game version up, it does not do a "clear all then copy".

Wangan 5, its currently on the DX PLUS expansion, but I had its previous expansion update and security dongle, DX.

Was wondering if I could push it down to the older pre-plus version and reverting it back to the current updated version in the future.

Back