What's new

Snax Tan

Student
Reaction score
Hello there.
I had a lot of this bootleg SF2CE boards. there are very common in my country and i bet its spreadly common in latin america.
As i saw here, your are more familiar with MSTREET6.

DSTREET6 is identical to MSTREET6 with phisically small but useful big differences:

1660903192766.png

DSTREET6 have two extra 27c010 eeproms near the program zone. and a GAL20V8.
The data on eeproms contains nothing more than everything needded to patch the main program.
since all diffrerent code is together in each extra rom, is gal20V8 that arranges this chunks of code and override over the normal data of SFCE, so, the cpu runs.... a hacked game.
Chinese bootleggers made a "upgradeable" SF2CE bootleg board.

i saw my ancesters improving this boards by changin this two eeproms. the upgrade was SF2CE-M7 into SF2CE-KOURYU
(yea, i worked on arcade labs since 12 years, cleaning bezels, changing buttons etc)
this place is always to put something data that alters the game.
there is a bunch of this bootleg cards here, hacks are funny but sometimes people wants to have SF2CE as is (slow, but without stupid hacks).
so, i decide to make a pair of eeproms with the data of an original SF2CE.
Thata was easy. i just identify every group of data to be overriden, and i copy the same chunk on original rom and replace in eeprom, so, the result, is a pair of eeproms givinng the same data spected to play a nromal game. and runs well...

trivia about this hacked SF2CE versions:
first of all.... i saw a lot of champion edition bootlegs here in chile when i was young. the first ones were CE but WW graphics.
it means, young ryu ugly blanka smiling balrog, etc,. I BET MY HEAD ITS CE CODE ON WW BOARD BECAUSE KEN'S HURRICANE KICK DOESNT FALL THE ENEMY UNLESS STUN, CHUNLI AERIAL TAP IS FIXED AND GUILE'S LONG PUNCH NOT EXIST ANYMORE) and more different graphic things are in gameplay. balrog throw is punch frame instead head shocks and sagat throw have a frontal punch frame, while enemy flies to the back.
this is a obvious from to justify the lack of frames in WW sprite data for this new movements.
the other noticeable thing is boss endings: are redirected to ryu ending. one more time using a cheap justification of absent tiles for boss endings.
i bet, chinese bootleggers takes all sf2ce code and fits to run on WW bootleg boards.
and then when bootleggers decided to replicate CE, they use the same hardware (slow) the graphics dump and the same program used to upgrade his bootleg WWs
because i saw DSTREET CE boards that still having punches instead headsocks for balrog, or still having the bizarre sagat throw. BUT NEVER saw a DSTREET 6 with correct bosses endiing.
chinese pirates forgot to return the right code in this area lol
end of trivia.

The zipfile is called "anti magic" because all this hacked games were called "Magic" in my domains
just burn in a 27c010 and done!
the special GAL20V8 was sucessfully dumped and tested., its very known to fail and board wont boot if this one is faulty.

Attachments

• 10-17-92 DSTREET-6 - AntiMagic.ZIP
    74.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
probably i upload thr wrong file. i read one and result was good coz i save my friends dstreet6. let me dig again in my files. so sorry.
in fact, i found a lot of unprotected and socketed gals in one of my dstreet6 cards. i bet they are compatibe with mstreet6 at some point.

DSTREET6 attached file was replaced. i added two attempts of gal dumps for U28.
PALCE20VH8 read as GAL20V8B. both seems to work.

Back