What's new
For Sale
Nice price on those right?
not bad, I would still ask for a lower price though, maybe $150-160, I think you still need to get a PSU (about $15 or therabouts) and remote for them (remote is optional and difficult to get)

The listing is for the VP50Pro, but all the images are of a rackmountable (brackets installed) VP50 (no Pro). ?(

The listing is for the VP50Pro, but all the images are of a rackmountable (brackets installed) VP50 (no Pro). ?(
its not the pro, I messaged the seller to correct the wording on it. No response :huh: Oh well, I did still make him an offer to get 2 of them for $120 ea :D

Yea a VP50 (not Pro) is worth 200$ IMO, its just not a "Pro" model. ;)

Just got in this package ;)
Unit is like new in original box with all extra's like remote, manual, set-up dvd etc.... :D

Now let's see if we can get into the next batch of the OSSC, just missed out the current round, but IMO the VP50 will be usefull already with 480i/480p sources...

9205B354-8C42-44C4-A6DB-D3BEE1DD07D5_zps5fpu6ppw.jpg

9581231D-66F0-4D36-A2DB-045A9E417E77_zpsd0x22lt5.jpg

IMO the VP50 will be usefull already with 480i/480p sources
I've been experimenting with this myself, using the ST-V/PS1 as a source for 480i RGB video and passing directly to the DVDO.
The results ARE IMPRESSIVE!

I did my best to resist the VP50 for 200$... But I just broke down and got one. :P

The selling point? Well two really...
  1. Now I can get another OSSC (Wolf revision is coming with HDMI audio) for the TV/console cart and dump the Lag-meister completely (because I've got the VP30 to correct the sync)
  2. I can finally do the magical 1366x768 native resolution of the Diamond LCD panel (VP30 can only do 1360x768 and LCD won't sync it, so you must do 1080p and let LCD scale it again for lower quality).

So the VP50 from that eBay listing showed up today...

VERY UNHAPPY!!!

The unit has extensive water damage, visible from both the inside and outside of the case.

Outside; Notice the corrosion around the power input and screws for the BNC connectors...
dPbW6x8.jpg

Inside; Notice the feet of the center chip (48LC2M32B2)...
UoDbTxK.jpg

I'm asking the seller for a full refund (230$) on this, and no way in hell I'm shipping it (30$) back.
*Update* The seller refunded me in full without asking for the unit shipped back... As happy of an ending as could be expected given the circumstances.

So... Who wants to see a video of me taking a 20lbs sledge hammer to it? :)
Oh oh I know! How about I saw it in half with my diamond/carbide sawzall blade?

Last edited by a moderator:
So... Who wants to see a video of me taking a 20lbs sledge hammer to it? :)
Oh oh I know! How about I saw it in half with my diamond/carbide sawzall blade?
I'd like to see you give it away to someone who could use it!

I'd like to see you give it away to someone who could use it!
I was angered by the condition of the item, and once I extract the diamond carbide blade from its sheath I cannot return it until it has spilled blood silicon.
gerry.jpg

Since you don't have to send it back maybe give it a clean and see if it works? Probably won't of course, but can't hurt.

Probably won't of course, but can't hurt.
Didn't work, as expected.
I'm stripping this for parts, mostly just screws and the case as the internal board(s) are all rusted up.

DVDO iScan VP50Pro on eBay today...
If someone (not me I'm still pissed/done) wants to scoop it up, 224$ is reasonable/fair.

Back