What's new

TylerDurden67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see a lot of people asking what kind of neon and marquee for use or find the famous starter at tourist prices.
Let's be clear, we now live in a period where simple alternatives can be found.I had already advised friends to use LED, it consumes nothing, no need another starter and tinkers

So, I thought to do a dynamic marquee ;)
Here are the results in the dark

with another light source

the videos done with my phone does not give the final result, which remains very good (even if my friend spectroman will say it's like gay pride :D )

Technical note:I use Ledstrip WS2812B, each LED is adressable.Can be found on different length with different numbers of LED per meter (excluding IP headband if you want to use in indoor or outdoor)Its powered using an 5V supply and with a data wire on which is injected color variations, intensity, etc ..I use this type of Ledstrip for a parallel project.All controlled by an Arduino.
Here,its just powered using an USB cable,numbers of leds are 60(not all displayed on the marquee) for not burning my USB port

Finally, it want me to go further, and make ambilight for cab :D

Last edited:
very cool use of leds. nice work man. :thumbup: Welcome to the New "old tech"

Finally, it want me to go further, and make ambilight for cab
I always thought something like this would be cool on the wall behind a few cabs in a row. would add a lot of dynamic/distracting lighting like an arcade. not sure how possible it is to gain access to the video from the cab for something like this. Though I heard people on podcasts talk about modding a video out from their candy cabs for recording.

Last edited:
Back