What's new

Tailsnic Retroworks

Professional
Reaction score
Hi. I have recently aquired a few Model 2B untested Virtua Striker boards. Well, in one of them, I have found a "non Virtua Striker" board. It's a Dynamite Cop original board, but I have asked to people and they say it appears to be a location test proto because of the PICs and the encriptation board. Let me show you photos, I'm so nervous, xD:

b2zYgiL.jpg

kajQiog.jpg

b1ZS7VG.jpg

DskybIx.jpg

v8SJNez.jpg

sAtC3zJ.jpg

aA4CXAq.jpg

It's 100% working. Does it is a special one?

Last edited:
I have a same one , it was from taiwan and came up like that, the rom chip is same that they use in a bootleg shoot em ups and neo geo mvs , i sold mine months ago because i have aatwo dynamite cop extra in my storage

Looks like a bootleg to me.
These are the proto memories of a House of the Dead motherboard:

kf0qHL8_d.webp

I have a same one , it was from taiwan and came up like that, the rom chip is same that they use in a bootleg shoot em ups and neo geo mvs , i sold mine months ago because i have aatwo dynamite cop extra in my storage
So this type of board is original or is a test board? It's very curious the only "ALTERA" chip in the encryptation board and the "Intel" memories.

Reactions: nem
But it is a bootleg or not? XD. It's what I asking
It's hard to tell, what is suspicious is that other protos have Sega stamped labels and the protection module also has Sega printed in the solder mask.
So it is a real problem. The good fact is that I was searching to make this game, and I have saved a lot of money, xD.

Back