What's new

tiff_lee

Grand Master
Reaction score
Ok before anyone gets twitchy I realise the ES3 is still considered in service so we are limited as to what can be discussed here i'm merely seeking info on my error not how to bypass security, now with that out of the way.

Picked up a 'junk' ES3 from Yahoo Japan a while back which wouldn't turn on, turns out a transistor on the GPU was shorted (power phase fed from the PCI-E slot). Removed the shorted transistor and now it boots fine however I am getting an error relating to what looks like the security dongle but internet searches aren't turning up much.

Game goes through the entire bootup process but I end up with 3 fault codes, network error (expected), card disconnect error (no banapass so expected) and 19-3 System Error. Looking at my copy of the Japanese manual that seems related to the security dongle.

On boot it goes through all its checks and everything says "OK" but there is a brief moment when it changes to ERROR DONGLE 3. Pictures attached.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• DSC_2185-3000.jpg
    DSC_2185-3000.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC_2188-3000.jpg
    DSC_2188-3000.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_2193-3000.jpg
    DSC_2193-3000.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 221
  • Screenshot_20220301-193127.jpg
    Screenshot_20220301-193127.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC_2185-3000.jpg
    DSC_2185-3000.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 242
Hi,

The TR204 VHD is quite old but anyway, you shouldn't have this error about the dongle. Did you plug the USB key on a USB2 or USB3 port ? I don't think they're "equal".

It's in USB slot #1 (the top one, 2.0) that's where the manual states it should be and any pictures/videos i've seen of these it's the same slot

Last edited:
Hi
the problem is that the dongle serial does not match with the game serial

Yeah ok, not sure how they came about then. It was sold as 'junk' because it wouldn't power up (dead GPU), it came with the manual, inserts, stickers, T7 banapass card everything.

Oh well, cheers for the info.

I'm almost sure you can put any dongle on any game, serial will be changed accordingly to the dongle plugged in.

Yeah I got no idea on this. Not sure what is normal behaviour when these boot up, it seems unintuitive that on the powershell window under security check it has "OK" but then it flags an error with the dongle anyway.

I'm almost sure you can put any dongle on any game, serial will be changed accordingly to the dongle plugged in.
You would need to do several things first
and it will work with any dongle

You try without the dongle?
Yeap, gives a 19-1 error (instead of 19-3), Which corresponds with the error code description from the manual (as per the 4th pic above, shoddy translation about checking it's attached correctly).

Back