What's new

daskrabs

Student
Reaction score
Thinking about getting an X3 Multi setup. I'd be using it with a JAMMA supergun and 1080p monitor, so I need something that has a JAMMA edge for controls and supports 6 buttons. It looks like my 2 options are the Taito FastIO w/ JAMMA (K91X1204) and the Sega JVS IO with JAMMA (838-13683). Is this correct? Any others supported? Taito JVS (K91X1...)?

Are all the TTX /2/3 games (never mind the emulated ones) playable with the cheaper and more available Sega IO? Is there any noticeable difference b/w Fast and JVS for IO? Thanks in advance.

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
Is there any noticeable difference b/w Fast and JVS for IO?
Im going to say yes. Playing games that natively supported FastIO, you can tell the difference, maybe you can also with the jvs ones as well. I have played Ultra side by side with equal spec X3s, one with Fast IO, other with JVS and you can notice the difference. It might be subjective, but for me, it was enough to notice it.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
None of the games on that image are using their native support for fastio, they are all using a wrapper to keyboard of sorts, jconfig or TP. Everything works with JVS IO and FASTIO.

You can absolutely notice the difference with a JVS IO. JVS works fine, but FASTIO is definitely better. Fastio is fast... the software wrapper that the image uses is really well coded. The polling interval on it is 2ms. Compared to (i think this is correct) around 16ms polling interval on JVS. Play a game like KOF 2k2um and try and link a combo or two together, you'll notice the difference. Screen input delay also plays a part if you don't have a low latency display.

Hadouken Arcade

Professional
Reaction score
I used a taito JVS and it was beyond playable. Some games were slowing down for some reason. Could be the JVS implementation with this multi.