What's new

merrygoomba

Student
Reaction score
I need a set of pre-programmed eproms for the system 16 multi kit, does anyone here sell them? thanks.

merrygoomba

Student
Reaction score
You could try buyicnow.com ?
@djsheep Thanks,but I have no Idea what to look for on there as I don’t have much knowledge about eproms & programming,I just need someone that could sell me a set of the chips already programmed and labeled so that I can just plug them in and start playing once my multi kit arrives.

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
There’s users on here that can help who hopefully will chime in depending on your location. @ShootTheCore could probably do it if you are in the USA.

buyicnow.com is also convenient. You email them the files, tell them the chips and they burn and send them out. All the 27c322 chips I have gotten lately have had high failure rates and I personally won’t help out with this particular multi because of this. Maybe buyicnow or hobbyroms has better stock?

Last edited:

mathewbeall

Grand Master
Reaction score
I can certainly help burn the chips - but would need you to get a batch of chips. As @djsheep mentioned - if they are used they are likely to have some bad ones in there, so get extra just in case.

Kavas

Champion
Reaction score
There’s users on here that can help who hopefully will chime in depending on your location. @ShootTheCore could probably do it if you are in the USA.

buyicnow.com is also convenient. You email them the files, tell them the chips and they burn and send them out. All the 27c322 chips I have gotten lately have had high failure rates and I personally won’t help out with this particular multi because of this. Maybe buyicnow or hobbyroms has better stock?
I bought the chips for one of my recent multis and they all turned out great. Just emailed them a list of the roms and they marked the eproms stickers accordingly. They seem to be reliable from the two times I have used them.

So long as the multi instructions are dummy proof, it's literally plug and play. Just make sure to insert them in the proper orientation.

KalessinDB

Grand Master
Reaction score
I bought the chips for one of my recent multis and they all turned out great. Just emailed them a list of the roms and they marked the eproms stickers accordingly. They seem to be reliable from the two times I have used them.

So long as the multi instructions are dummy proof, it's literally plug and play. Just make sure to insert them in the proper orientation.
+1. I've used buyicnow multiple times because despite having a burner (impulse bought one to prep for s16 multi) I don't have a stockpile of spare chips. I was going to order the chips from them anyway, it's literally pennies more for them to write the file, why not?

...I should sell that burner.

merrygoomba

Student
Reaction score
+1. I've used buyicnow multiple times because despite having a burner (impulse bought one to prep for s16 multi) I don't have a stockpile of spare chips. I was going to order the chips from them anyway, it's literally pennies more for them to write the file, why not?

...I should sell that burner.
What are the exact list of eproms that I would need to order from buyicnow? Also where can I get the programs and which program goes to which chip etc.? thanks.

merrygoomba

Student
Reaction score
I’m about to place my order with buyicnow hopefully these are the correct ones.
ABCEC79F-9D42-4E0F-9485-B3BC0EBEDED9.jpeg

A

Apocalypse

Hi all,

just a complement of information, there's far more demand for repaired units than what we have in stock so we will fulfill your order if possible.
We're also changing the design for improved manufacturing process, so in the future there may no more be repaired units available at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cooljerk

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,

just a complement of information, there's far more demand for repaired units than what we have in stock so we will fulfill your order if possible.
We're also changing the design for improved manufacturing process, so in the future there may no more be repaired units available at all.

Even if I have to wait longer, the lack of need for repairs is better than having extra repaired stock being refreshed haha. Best of luck!

K0NAM1

Student
Reaction score
@Apocalypse can you share the DIP switch circuit please, I'm just exploring selector options, thinking out loud is each "on" DIP switch connecting 5v to a pin on the MCU on your multi PCB?

I'm guessing the @Frank_fjs selector used an onboard MCU to directly drive the relevant pin on the multi MCU?

Thanks!