What's new
A

Apocalypse

skusuma

Student
Reaction score
Cheaper than pcbjunkie's.
If anyone is getting Sega 16 to JAMMA adapter from pcbjunkie, make sure you get the "Sega System 16 to JAMMA" adapter, not "JAMMA to Sega System 16 Cabinet" Adapter. Currently his ebay store has no stock available but he'll stock more next week.

Last edited:

rcboosted

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is getting Sega 16 to JAMMA adapter from pcbjunkie, make sure you get the "Sega System 16 to JAMMA" adapter, not "JAMMA to Sega System 16 Cabinet" Adapter. Currently his ebay store has no stock available but he'll stock more next week.
This is important distinction. If I hadn't ordered Arcaniac's adapter, I probably would have gotten the wrong one.

geldra

Student
Reaction score
Could I be added to the V1 list please? Happy to have a repaired one, whichever becomes available.

Bay78

Student
Reaction score
I’ve got a question about Quartet. I read that it is a Sega System 16 game and was looking into it and it looks like a cool game. But I don’t see it on the multi list. Is that a compatibility issue or?

dos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got this in a while back, but didn't realize the only 68000 I had around was 8mhz, so went and ordered one which arrived today. Was pleased to find the Japanese romset was added by M27C322 a few days before it arrived, perfect timing! After embarrassingly installing it backwards the first time, it worked flawlessly. Combined with M72, System 1, F3, Neo-Geo, CPS2, and the upcoming CPS1, it's almost too much of the true arcade golden age (late 80's-mid 90's) to handle. Awesome work as usual.

Yuy2kkF.jpg

RYg17Mz.jpg

Last edited:
A

Apocalypse

I’ve got a question about Quartet. I read that it is a Sega System 16 game and was looking into it and it looks like a cool game. But I don’t see it on the multi list. Is that a compatibility issue or?
Quartet is a S16A game. There are a few differences between S16A and S16B:
- dynamic mapper on S16B vs fixed on S16A
- different scroll registers
- different sprite format
- different sound ports
- different sample format
But conversions are possible :D

Bay78

Student
Reaction score
Quartet is a S16A game. There are a few differences between S16A and S16B:
- dynamic mapper on S16B vs fixed on S16A
- different scroll registers
- different sprite format
- different sound ports
- different sample format
But conversions are possible :D
So just to confirm, you might be able to convert a sys16B to A (Quartet) but it's not likely to appear on the multi because of modifications you'd have to do to the board?

A

Apocalypse

@Bay78 there's no modification required to the multi board, but since all 32 slots are occupied you need to replace one of the games.

Bay78

Student
Reaction score
@Bay78 there's no modification required to the multi board, but since all 32 slots are occupied you need to replace one of the games.
Ah o.k cool. And how would you go about doing that? Is that done with the rom generator? And would then all the roms need to be reprogrammed? I would rather have Quartet instead of a game I'll never play that needs a trackball for instance.

TMF68k

Student
Reaction score
Ah o.k cool. And how would you go about doing that? Is that done with the rom generator? And would then all the roms need to be reprogrammed? I would rather have Quartet instead of a game I'll never play that needs a trackball for instance.
do one's best by hand

radabass

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi, I'm interested on the System16 multi, I've got an Altered Beast converted board with unencrypted 68k CPU.

What do I have to do to get some details on how to order?

Thank you.

nidulans

Student
Reaction score
Can I please be added to the list for the System16 multi? I don't mind which version. Thank you!

AlxUnderBase

Champion
Reaction score
Can I please be added to the list for the System16 multi? I don't mind which version. Thank you!
You will not regret buddy ... im just saying , try to talk directly with @oneleaf86 or with Frank_Fjs after you will get the multi ... they did nice selectors witch will helps you to have a great experience with this multi 👍🏻

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
You will not regret buddy ... im just saying , try to talk directly with @oneleaf86 or with Frank_Fjs after you will get the multi ... they did nice selectors witch will helps you to have a great experience with this multi 👍🏻
This isn’t the best advice. oneleaf86 hasn’t made selectors in over a year and specifically released the files open source because he doesn’t make them.

Frank hasn’t been active in 7 months and there’s people who have paid him prior to that yet to receive their goods.

I suggest everyone hit up one of the new threads where people have built, or are actually building solutions.

Check this thread: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/sega16-pi-multi-selector-with-oled.17096/

Last edited: