What's new

rocket

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, I've been working on the RS422/232 version of the Sega servo motor board, and the data is the same - just different protocol.

Basically seems these boards need the following:-

SUD_FFB_RESET - Reset point, from here you'll see if the board is hooked you either get an ACK or not
SUD_FFB_INIT - Setups some parameters, then it will spam the poll command (0xFD,0x00,0x00,0x7D) until ACK is 0x00 (this is what I call the warm-up servo process, even Afterburner Climax motion does this on boot)

SUD_FFB_ROLLLEFT - Rolls the wheel left (it's a FULL process, does not need to be Poll'd)
SUD_FFB_ROLLRIGHT - Rolls the wheel right (it's a FULL process, does not need to be Poll'd)

SUD_FFB_INIT_CENTRE - Centre point is found by slowly moving the wheel back from the right until as close to centre (0x7f/80) can be reached, this is read from either the JVS analogue [0] so you need to poll JVS at the same time as this has no concept of game position.

SUD_FFB_INIT_PACKAGE - Used by Grid only?
SUD_FFB_SEND_PACKAGE - Used by Grid only?
given this is the case is it possible to connect the lindbergh to the chihiro/naomi (sega not namco) force feedback board? if so what kind of converter would need to be made?

BigPanik

New User
Reaction score
Hi,
Does a scheme and hex available somewhere to build this adapter?

Thanks

winteriscoming

Champion
Reaction score
Nothing is available at this time. I don't even have the breadboard set up anymore, so when I eventually get back to it, I'll have to figure a lot of stuff out again. That's why I try to document progress in threads.

hamster

Student
Reaction score
it would be great if we could maybe tie into FFB Arcade Plugin to hook real arcade cab hardware to PC(s) games.

Aganyte

Student
Reaction score
I can shipping to worldwide.

Thanks for the uptobox server problem information. I can put program on another website.

For the moment, you can put a computer in a midi cab but i'm allready work on Lindbergh in midi cab.

MetalliC

Grand Master
Reaction score
@winteriscoming @Aganyte is there exists a short TLDR documentation of Sega MIDI FFB protocol ?

did a quick stab on it and checked few Naomi game's code a bit, and as I see it sending 4-byte packets to MIDI, in reversed byte order (bad Sega lol!). so 1st byte actually is XOR-sum byte with most significant bit set (which probably "packet start" flag), while actual command is a last byte, and this may/will confuse people a lot :)

winteriscoming

Champion
Reaction score
@winteriscoming @Aganyte is there exists a short TLDR documentation of Sega MIDI FFB protocol ?

did a quick stab on it and checked few Naomi game's code a bit, and as I see it sending 4-byte packets to MIDI, in reversed byte order (bad Sega lol!). so 1st byte actually is XOR-sum byte with most significant bit set (which probably "packet start" flag), while actual command is a last byte, and this may/will confuse people a lot :)
I never found any documentation. Everything I know is posted in this thread.