What's new
Item has been found
I had ordered my 100 yen coins from here.

https://www.leftovercurrency.com/contact/

Fill out the form and request how many you are looking for and they will get back to you. I ordered 30 coins and it came out to about $42 including International shipping. Received them pretty fast also.

106C8249-C293-46B9-AE9E-7A89ED724CAF.jpeg

Fill out the form and request how many you are looking for and they will get back to you. I ordered 30 coins and it came out to about $42 including International shipping. Received them pretty fast also.

I just sent them an e-mail. I can always use more yen, haha

Following up here: I was able to purchase 20 more coins for $0.86 per coin (kill me, lololol) and shipping was $17.70 (Total: £28.00 → $35.86).

So Thank you to @Kalvinmaui. @Kidkaos, leftovercurrency.com might be your best bet! *if you're still wanting yen, that is.

Last edited:
I tried for a while to get Yen and ended up getting some Namco coins off alibaba.

Attachments

• IMG_8014.jpg
    IMG_8014.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 69
I went crazy with tokens last year, sega, capcom, namco, taito and have adjusted all my coin mechs to accept the random coins.

I've got a few that are electronic so those are easier to configure, but then I bought a number of cheap ¥100 coins mechs and adjusted it to use game tokes that are roughly as big as the ¥100

These were my three tests

kT71odKl.jpg

Steps to make the normal coin mech work with the game tokens

7CipI2xl.jpg

vOYdgU8l.jpg

E98qufPl.jpg

Video of it all working https://i.imgur.com/koMexv4l.mp4

koMexv4l.jpg

Hope that helps those that want to use a game token

Last edited:

This is a hot tip. I’ve been trying to increase my coin stash for the past year with no success. I contacted some currency exchange places and a few other people and didn’t get any response or was told no. I just received 50 coins from Left Over Currency today. $63.78 including shipping to USA.

This is a hot tip. I’ve been trying to increase my coin stash for the past year with no success. I contacted some currency exchange places and a few other people and didn’t get any response or was told no. I just received 50 coins from Left Over Currency today. $63.78 including shipping to USA.
Yep, they are awesome. I’m sure they’re loving all the business from us arcade guys and gals! Haha

I went crazy with tokens last year, sega, capcom, namco, taito and have adjusted all my coin mechs to accept the random coins.

I've got a few that are electronic so those are easier to configure, but then I bought a number of cheap ¥100 coins mechs and adjusted it to use game tokes that are roughly as big as the ¥100

These were my three tests

kT71odKl.jpg

Steps to make the normal coin mech work with the game tokens

7CipI2xl.jpg

vOYdgU8l.jpg

E98qufPl.jpg

Video of it all working https://i.imgur.com/koMexv4l.mp4

koMexv4l.jpg

Hope that helps those that want to use a game token
Just got my tokens today, likely to make these adjustments soon. Still I'm really glad yall seem to have found a source of the real 100jpy coins that isn't insane.

i'm amazed your still using S10 pattern mechanical mech's
those where phased out in europe in the early 90's!!

i would replace them with something like an RM5 and program it to recognise the various coins.
you can then have different numbers of credits for different coins :)

I've run into a problem and I'm not sure what the solution is. Hopefully someone here can help.

I have several AD-81P's in my P-Ras3 cabinets and 1x AD-81P in my Chunithm. I've run through @mR_CaESaR's adjustments above and they're all adjusted exactly the same. This has allowed Chunithm to accept tokens. However, my P-Ras3 cabinets eject everything (and always have, including 100Y coins).

When I swap the coin mech from the working Chuni to a PRas the result is the same (working in Chuni, ejects all coins in P-Ras). The coin doors are closed when I attempt to insert a coin in all cases.

So my question, is there some kind of electronic signal the AD-81P takes with a real board that's not happening with my Windows10 setup that causes it to eject all coins (including 100Y)? I've noticed that I try to insert a coin/token while the coin door is open with Chuni, it ejects. The coin door needs to be closed. So I feel like this circuit may not be active on my P-Ras3s but I could be way off.

Thanks for any assistance/insight on these coin mechs!
-K

Has anyone ordered a set of these yet? I'm wondering if they are good quality and functional.
Also does anyone know if these are actually made by or based off ones made by SNK?
I ordered a box of them, they're fine, no idea who manufactures fhem though.

I've run into a problem and I'm not sure what the solution is. Hopefully someone here can help.

I have several AD-81P's in my P-Ras3 cabinets and 1x AD-81P in my Chunithm. I've run through @mR_CaESaR's adjustments above and they're all adjusted exactly the same. This has allowed Chunithm to accept tokens. However, my P-Ras3 cabinets eject everything (and always have, including 100Y coins).

When I swap the coin mech from the working Chuni to a PRas the result is the same (working in Chuni, ejects all coins in P-Ras). The coin doors are closed when I attempt to insert a coin in all cases.

So my question, is there some kind of electronic signal the AD-81P takes with a real board that's not happening with my Windows10 setup that causes it to eject all coins (including 100Y)? I've noticed that I try to insert a coin/token while the coin door is open with Chuni, it ejects. The coin door needs to be closed. So I feel like this circuit may not be active on my P-Ras3s but I could be way off.

-K

That’s pretty odd unless harness is pulling it so tight or something. They are purely mechanical coin mechs.

Has anyone ordered a set of these yet? I'm wondering if they are good quality and functional.
Also does anyone know if these are actually made by or based off ones made by SNK?
Mine came in last week. Took forever to get here but they're nice, great quality and same size as most Japanese game center coins. They work on my mechs

-K

Can you please check/take a pick of the bracket and the microswitch?

In one of my setups, I have an NNC with a windows pc in and the microswitch is connected to credit so it just passes through mechanically down the coin up micro switch to activate the credit. I imagine the Pras3 is setup in a similar fashion where the coin up is connected to a microswitch which is then connected to a coin up on the IO

Back