What's new
Item has been found

saucydaddy

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been searching for a candy cab and struggling to find anything. I'm willing to drive around the Midwest, east coast or even southern states if required but don't think I can swing a west coast trip if no shipping is available. I've been eyeing stuff from KC and Yaton but don't feel super confident buying from them with all the mixed reviews and not having the ability to see it in person.

Welcome to the struggle.

In all seriousness, it would help if you posted what you’re willing to pay and what you’re looking for, otherwise, you‘re asking someone else to do the work for you. I doubt there’s anyone sitting on a cabinet they’re willing to sell hoping for a post like this before letting it go.

Like many markets these days, it’s a seller’s market for Japanese candy cabs. My advice would be; exercise patience and keep a couple of thousand dollars ready and a van filled with gas. There just aren’t enough cabinets for everyone who wants one and even fewer to those not willing to buy sight unseen or travel west.

Probably not the response you’re looking for but the reality is that lots of folks on this forum have built their collections of candy cabinets over years.

Friend of mine just shipped a Blast from KC to NY. See how it shows up, always a roll of the dice. But you know, that's kind of what it takes right now if you're not in a place with supply. Someone else I know just picked up an Astro from KC in person, which is definitely easier.

The truth is even KC doesn't have supply these days, been a while since I've seen people getting candies from him. When they show up now people are buying because they know it might be a wait again after this.

Buy what you can find not what you hope for is the best advice any of us can give you. Don't take more of a risk than you're comfortable with, but understand it might take one of those leaps of faith right now.

So in terms of budget, I'm trying to set a limit of 2k USD for one of the Sega candy cabinets but honestly I'm just looking for a sit down cab that can rotate the monitor (Im trying to collect shmups and fighters). The biggest thing to me is a good monitor. I dont mind cleaning or finding a few replacement parts here and there but monitors in the Midwest are somewhat impossible to find from what I've gathered. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Yeah it's more like an Astro OR an Aero for 2K these days.

Ultimately I hope to get 2 cabs, but in the mean time it'll have to make due with one. I want to get a little group to meet in my garage for little tournaments and games.

It seems like I may have an opportunity with this guy on instagram called Candycabkingarcade or "Arcade game" on this forum.

Maybe 3 years ago but in no way are you getting 2 candies for 2K these days.
I always thought you guys had Lower prices for your cabs, there’s been a couple of working Aero’s gone for less than 1K$ in the last month or so here in the UK.

But yes cab prices are going up and up, just picked up a really nice Windy for just over a £1K.

I always thought you guys had Lower prices for your cabs, there’s been a couple of working Aero’s gone for less than 1K$ in the last month or so here in the UK.

But yes cab prices are going up and up, just picked up a really nice Windy for just over a £1K.

COVID did a number on candy cab prices, they went through the roof. Huge spike in demand, not enough supply, people have (had?) more money to spend. I know people who sold right before the price spike, definitely kicking themselves now but it is what it is. Get them while you can, they're not making more of these things.

You can find sub-$1000 Aeros here, but 'working' is the kind description. They're the most commonly hacked up cab. But as with all things, if you're willing to put in effort you can save some money. Well, some, you're gonna be out replacement parts for rescuing the poor butchered control panels at the very least.

COVID did a number on candy cab prices, they went through the roof. Huge spike in demand, not enough supply, people have (had?) more money to spend. I know people who sold right before the price spike, definitely kicking themselves now but it is what it is. Get them while you can, they're not making more of these things.
I’m sure a lot of it has to do with those of us in tech jobs having transitioned to WFH. Now we have all this free time and extra spending money since gas isn’t much of a factor anymore and we aren’t traveling all morning and evening. Might as well find a fun hobby!

I’m sure a lot of it has to do with those of us in tech jobs having transitioned to WFH. Now we have all this free time and extra spending money since gas isn’t much of a factor anymore and we aren’t traveling all morning and evening. Might as well find a fun hobby!
Can't find time to enjoy hobby. Working in the food business is an unending horde fight

Can't find time to enjoy hobby. Working in the food business is an unending horde fight
I'm really sorry, friend :(. Coming from 15 years of retail, I know how rough customer-facing jobs can be; but I can't imagine how it is right now. I get pretty regular horror stories from my buddies still working in retail. I hope things look up for you and, at very least, the business makes you some extra $$.

I'm really sorry, friend :(. Coming from 15 years of retail, I know how rough customer-facing jobs can be; but I can't imagine how it is right now. I get pretty regular horror stories from my buddies still working in retail. I hope things look up for you and, at very least, the business makes you some extra $$.
we haven't open for dine in and we are doing better than pre covid. Its been okay so far because we just cut lunch shift and only focus in the afternoon making it less straining for everyone.

Back