What's new
Item has been found
If I wanted to add a Game that wasn’t part of the download, for example a NeoGeo game do I just add a NeoGeo.zip game to the “games” folder or I guess there is more to it than that.

thanks.
To add a game, I copy the "newgame.zip" in the MAME/GAME/ROMS .
To launch it I created a folder at the root: Emu - NeoGeo - newgame
In this folder I copied what was in the MetalSlug one, I just changed "game.txt" I written in it the exact name of the "newgame"

Last edited:
Just got my T2 put back together after cleaning and upgrade. I ran into the same issue with 3 partition being too small with use the suggested app to resize and report back tonight.

Ok, I was able to get it up and running, I have only tested Deathsmiles and Raiden III both worked. Had to expand the games partition as it defaults to 100gb. If I am going to do anymore testing I need to get my kick harness on my I/O sorted out. Thank you for all the hard work Dr. Funk

Is there a quick and easy way to make the shooters which should be tate, tate? I saw there was something somewhere about changing the "Vertical = 1" in the inf. file but I don't see that on the Raiden IV...or I'm just looking in the wrong area.

TATE shmup are the originals "taito type X" games, not the Nesica ones.
You have to launch :
X - Shmup - GigaWing Generations
X - Shmup - Homura
X - Shmup - King of Fighters - Sky Stage
X - Shmup - Raiden III
X - Shmup - Shikigami No Shiro III
X - Shump - Raiden IV - TX1

Hi, hope someone can help.

First time I tried it I had a go on Gunforce 2 (mame) and it worked fine, then tried other mame games and get "out of range on the screen" but can hear game running, so not sure whats going on with the resolution to make it out of range, went back to try Gunforce 2 and that now also says out of range.

I am running the X2 on a Vewlix Diamond Blue incase that makes any difference.

Tried to run "Mame" from the list in the hope I could alter the resolution, but it goes to load and kicks me back to the game select menu.

The Type X/x2 etc stuff all looks to still work, but have only tried a few.

The X2 just has dip 2 set to on.

Thanks Adam.

Finally wrote my drive and tested a bit. Thank you @drfunk2k for sharing!

None of the emulated stuff worked for me with dip switch 2 ON like I normally have, gave the out of range on monitor. 2 OFF worked with the multi menu not sized properly but I could see the emulated games full screen.

Some of the CPS2 games didn't always register coin but after dropping a few it would register.

Anyway hope to test more again sometime tonight.

Finally wrote my drive and tested a bit. Thank you @drfunk2k for sharing!

None of the emulated stuff worked for me with dip switch 2 ON like I normally have, gave the out of range on monitor. 2 OFF worked with the multi menu not sized properly but I could see the emulated games full screen.

Some of the CPS2 games didn't always register coin but after dropping a few it would register.

Anyway hope to test more again sometime tonight.
Hi has anyone got it working well?

If so what cab are you running it on?

Like the above dip 2 gives me out of range, although it did work ok the first emu game I tried but did not after that.

Thank you @drfunk2k! Awesome image great selection of mame games!

And thanks @retrogrenier for all the feedback! Haven't had much time to test but seems like I'm running into the same issues as you are.

TGM3 not working and not being able to exit most TTX and Nesica games without a reset is my main concern.

Also no luck with scanlines yet, tried HLSL and GLSL but none seem to work. Vsync works (its set off by default), which at least gets rid of screen tearing.

To add a game, I copy the "newgame.zip" in the MAME/GAME/ROMS .
To launch it I created a folder at the root: Emu - NeoGeo - newgame
In this folder I copied what was in the MetalSlug one, I just changed "game.txt" I written in it the exact name of the "newgame"
That worked with Metal Slug X but when I tried KOF98 and Sam Sho 2 didn’t work... wonder what I did wrong..

for Mame there is a lot of Roms revision, its maybe that... i'll test tomorrow other NeoGeo games.

I've made tests with new games:
MAME roms:
PGM : Demon Front : ok (frameRate seems ok, I will test two players)
Neogeo : ArtOfFighting 2 : ok
Neogeo : KOF98 : ok
Neogeo : Samurai Spirit2 : ok
Neogeo : Windjammers : ok

TTX games:

Contra Evolution Revolution : Not working, return to the menu
The Bishi Bashi : the game starts but the screen is black t(he Sync is lost in VGA 31kHz NO SIGNAL), sound is playing.
Magical Beat : ok

Still not found solution for MAME Scanlines

I've made tests with new games:
MAME roms:
PGM : Demon Front : ok (frameRate seems ok, I will test two players)
Neogeo : ArtOfFighting 2 : ok
Neogeo : KOF98 : ok
Neogeo : Samurai Spirit2 : ok
Neogeo : Windjammers : ok

TTX games:

Contra Evolution Revolution : Not working, return to the menu
The Bishi Bashi : the game starts but the screen is black t(he Sync is lost in VGA 31kHz NO SIGNAL), sound is playing.
Magical Beat : ok

Still not found solution for MAME Scanlines
Any chance you could send me the 98 and SS2. Thanks.

Ok just got back to this and I am not sure if I made a mistake somewhere along the way. Loaded up today and as soon as it gets back the Taito screen it blue screens. I did play around with making the games partition bigger. Wonder if this caused it to crash.

I found a solution for scanlines in Mame et Nesica 15kHz games ( street fighter 3, puzzle bubble...) , "Vga scanlines generator"

Attachments

• IMG20210317195859.jpg
    IMG20210317195859.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG20210317215953.jpg
    IMG20210317215953.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG20210317215846.jpg
    IMG20210317215846.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG20210317214139.jpg
    IMG20210317214139.jpg