What's new
Item has been found
I found a solution for scanlines in Mame et Nesica 15kHz games ( street fighter 3, puzzle bubble...) , "Vga scanlines generator"
Craftymech's MiniSLG was a great purchase, and I keep them around for these kind of applications.

Years later, finally got back to this and so far it works!!! Thank you Dr. Funk!! I have only tested 2 games so far, Death Smiles and Raiden 3 but they both work perfectly.

20210507_164238.jpg
Yeah I'm gonna be right here all weekend. My wife can have her fancy mothers day thing, and I will be in the basement putting in quarters.

Hoping I'm not too late to the party on this. I finally got settled back on the mainland and got my cabinets settled, so I'm hoping to get SSDs in both my X2s

Contact Dr. Funk thank him for the awesome work. Ask for access to the files, read through the thread for tips. And also post your experices, feedback, ect

So it worked perfectly, the few games I tested booted with no issues. I did have a couple of questions, is there any way to put the games into sorted folders to make it easier to scroll in the X2 menu so it's not displaying every game at the same time? Also, How do I enable/re-enable/set the button combos to exit the game back to the "multi Menu"?

So it worked perfectly, the few games I tested booted with no issues. I did have a couple of questions, is there any way to put the games into sorted folders to make it easier to scroll in the X2 menu so it's not displaying every game at the same time? Also, How do I enable/re-enable/set the button combos to exit the game back to the "multi Menu"?
you hold PL1 coin+start+ButtonA, it’ll take you to the game list so you don’t have to power cycle

if you hold PL1 coin+start+ButtonB, it'll take you into the MAME settings and you can change monitor orientation (hori vs tate)

you hold PL1 coin+start+ButtonA, it’ll take you to the game list so you don’t have to power cycle

if you hold PL1 coin+start+ButtonB, it'll take you into the MAME settings and you can change monitor orientation (hori vs tate)
When you say coin, is there a button assigned to that? I'm running on a vewlix L so I only have the 7 buttons, with no keyboard attached.

When you say coin, is there a button assigned to that? I'm running on a vewlix L so I only have the 7 buttons, with no keyboard attached.
Yeah there should be a “coin” button on the harness. I’m using a sigma raijin supergun where the coin & start button are on the unit.

Hi 👋 reviving a bit of an old thread here. Does anyone have a link to the files? I finally got around to putting a Taito Type X2 together and ordered a HDD. Just need the files to build it.

Hi 👋 reviving a bit of an old thread here. Does anyone have a link to the files? I finally got around to putting a Taito Type X2 together and ordered a HDD. Just need the files to build it.
I second that... missed out the first time.:(

I also interested . Late to the file : Bought a multi x2 and the drive it came with didn’t last long

i have finally dug out my type x2 out of storage after moving does anyone still have the link to the files?

Thought I had this multi(Taito.Type.X2-MAME), but wrote image to ssd last night and fired it up this morning to a blue screen with text messaging about windows being shut down and possible HD errors. I am sure it's just that the multi I have is probably not proper. I don't know how to properly setup a drive or even look through it to see what might be incorrect, etc. Anyway, is there access to a nice Mame image for Type X2 that someone may have? I don't mind purchasing.

I've shared this before, but i guess that was over a year ago.
So here we go again.
I want to remind this is not 5000 mame roms... but it is a lot.
and you will need a 250gb drive.
to be honest 5000 mame games are not gonna fit on 250gb lol

So there are two files:
- TTX2Multi[v2.0][Public][NoGames][082419].img
- _GAMES.rar

INSTRUCTIONS:
STEP 1: Install this image - TTX2Multi[v2.0][Public][NoGames][082419].img @ 70gb to your disk
STEP 2: MOVE FOLDERS\GAMES (which will be another download to) E:// on your new disk (root of that drive)
STEP 3: BOOT UP in your TTX2 system

I have attached a TXT file that shows all the games available, I am waiting on 1 last directory and thats for MAME
AVAILABLE NOW:
MAME (about 400 games) not 5000
Nesicaxlive
Nesicaxlive游戏工具(旧)
Type X
Type X zero
Type X+
Type X2
启动文件
游戏工具(旧)
akai katana shin.rar
Suggio! Arcana Heart 2.6.zip
CHECK the text file for complete details of what is inside each directory

If you want the files please PM me.

Merry Christmas,
DrFunk2k

Attachments

• Taito_Type_X-GAMES.txt
    17 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thanks again for the write up! I started trying to put together a disc last night to a little success. . .

Back