Reaction score
$130,do not include shipping fee
1647228933954.png
1647228945545.png
1647228957444.png
1647228972489.png

Last edited:
Genuine question here, not trying to be annoying or troll the thread :

Is this a legit Sega PCB ? Because it's the first time I ever heard of a S.O.R PCB.

Thanks a lot @GeeDee, it does make sense now :)
It would probably be a good idea to change the listing as "bootleg" instead of "original" in OP opening post ; to avoid any pb in the sale.

Thanks a lot @GeeDee, it does make sense now :)
It would probably be a good idea to change the listing as "bootleg" instead of "original" in OP opening post ; to avoid any pb in the sale.
Considering there was never an original SOR PCB I think that might make it an original board :D

Considering there was never an original SOR PCB I think that might make it an original board :D
Technically speaking, there are SOR 1 and 2 megatech/megaplay carts, so that's the closest you'll get to an "official" arcade version. Depends on if you consider the playchoice Nintendo carts unique enough from the home carts since it's basically the exact same situation; different from the VS system.

Despite being a bootleg, this is an awesome way to play SOR1 on a cab if you don't own a console JAMMAizer, and the price is right. If I didn't already own the JAMMAizer I would have bought it. This is one of my favorite games of all time : )

Since this is basically a genesis with a jamma edge, I wonder if it's possible to swap roms to change games? Maybe even figure out a way to get a everdrive on it? Lol, at that point, probably easier to get a JAMMAtizer genesis.

Your boy was about to be hype. I was like SOR on arcade lolwut? I am going to have to check out just what a jammatizer can do.

Since this is basically a genesis with a jamma edge, I wonder if it's possible to swap roms to change games? Maybe even figure out a way to get a everdrive on it? Lol, at that point, probably easier to get a JAMMAtizer genesis.
This style pcb is not the best for the job but it can be done.
Some games don't work at all; alien soldier, vectorman and others:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyCwHx-NuBQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXL1e0J2R9M

Also possible with the SNES versions:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePtI5pDikG4

Each PCB is different (layouts and actel/lattice differ) so each program will need to be dumped for each board variation.

I only like to play arcade games in arcade cabs.

I guess a few anomalies exist, like Vs. Excitebike being a shitload better than Excitebike on NES.
When I think about PlayChoice-10, MegaPlay or Nintendo Super System as a whole I just feel like why bother/get a console.

Quite agree with Jassin statement, but ...

I still have to admit that there are a few console games from the 80's / 90's that are great additions to any arcade playlist.
Keep in mind that 8 & 16 bits game were mostly playable with 2 to 4 buttons and were created at the time to be direct rivals to arcade games.

Streets of rage is one of those games, but also a few others like Final Fight 2 & 3, Rockman Soccer, TMNT Tournament Fighters, Sparkster, Wild Guns, ... just to name a few that pops into my mind at the moment (actually a lot of Konami and Capcom console titles from the 90's deserved an arcade version in my opinion).

In more "recent" years I consider games like Rez, Cuphead, Rapid Reload, Huntdown, SOR 4, Windjammers 2, ... are also good games to put in a cab (with a HD screen).

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't class this as a bootleg although its right on the boarder line. As there was no original PCB streets of rage then there cannot be a bootleg of something that doesn't exist. It's more doujin or fan made just like the new MVS games that are getting released. Otherwise all the new MVS games should be bootlegs too. It's also a lot harder than the mega drive version and has been adapted for arcades. I.e. You need to insert credits in to play etc. So not really a megadrive with a jamma edge as you say.

"Bootleg" is kind of a subjective term. You can, however, absolutely say that this is an unlicensed and unauthorized clone of a Megadrive game. I wouldn't even give the makers' the courtesy of calling this doujin/fan-made. These boards were clearly made to sell for a profit.

"Bootleg" is kind of a subjective term. You can, however, absolutely say that this is an unlicensed and unauthorized clone of a Megadrive game. I wouldn't even give the makers' the courtesy of calling this doujin/fan-made. These boards were clearly made to sell for a profit.
I wouldn't go as far as to discredit the makers as it's something that Sega should have really done themselves. Everyone loves streets of rage and personally this pcb has enough differences to make it worthwhile to play. To be honest I'm not really sure what the background of this pcb is. Could it be this game that was in production and then axed by sega and distributed this way anyway? Was it a megaplay rom put onto a pcb? I've honestly no idea. They must have liked the game enough to think that it was worthwhile!

I do hate bootlegs but I have a place for this one in my collection just because there isn't an original version of it and therefore I find it hard to justify that it is actually one. My definition of a "Bootleg" requires that there has to be an original version of the product to copy. Since there is a Megadrive version it sits just outside the borderline.

Neitherless its much harder than the megadrive version and just as fun imo. Now hat's off to whoever can make a Gunstar heroes and comix zone pcb with enough differences to make it unique!

Back