What's new
For Sale
I current run quarters in my egret 3, its just a matter of adjust the coin mech.
For cabs like the Vewlix this isn't an option, the coin slot isn't large enough to accept a quarter.
The Taito tokens are almost the same size as 100Yen coins (ie what the slot was designed to accept).

I also don't recommend adjusting original JPN coin mechs for USA coinage.
Just buy (they are like 20$) another (USA) mech and install it, or do like I did with the Any Coin mech.
I'm speaking from experience, I've adjusted 3 JPN mechs and before I learned my lesson destroyed two in the process (aka you are more likely to break it than get it working with USA quarters).

Last edited by a moderator:
For cabs like the Vewlix this isn't an option, the coin slot isn't large enough to accept a quarter.
The Taito tokens are almost the same size as 100Yen coins (ie what the slot was designed to accept).

I also don't recommend adjusting original JPN coin mechs for USA coinage.
Just buy (they are like 20$) another (USA) mech and install it, or do like I did with the Any Coin mech.
I'm speaking from experience, I've adjusted 3 JPN mechs and before I learned my lesson destroyed two in the process (aka you are more likely to break it than get it working with USA quarters).
I wouldn't recommend it either, believe me I studied how coin the coin mech works for about 2 weeks before I ever touched an adjustment screw on it. And Now I have to figure out if I am going to get 100 yen coins or tokens for the vewlix I plan on picking up. I wonder does the vewlix have a metal guide under the coin acceptance slot like the Egret does?

I wonder does the vewlix have a metal guide under the coin acceptance slot like the Egret does?
No, the Vewlix has a coin entry/bezel which can be removed replaced.
The F and C have a chrome entry, the others (L, L-AMI, Diamonds) have plastic entries in colors that match the control panels.

The slot/shaft is actually wide enough for quarters to pass, but that entry/bezel part would have to be removed.
Since Taito never made a larger size (I suspect this would have happened IF the Vewlix was sold in mass outside of Japan) I don't believe you can replace it with anything.

No, the Vewlix has a coin entry/bezel which can be removed replaced.
The F and C have a chrome entry, the others (L, L-AMI, Diamonds) have plastic entries in colors that match the control panels.

The slot/shaft is actually wide enough for quarters to pass, but that entry/bezel part would have to be removed.
Since Taito never made a larger size (I suspect this would have happened IF the Vewlix was sold in mass outside of Japan) I don't believe you can replace it with anything.
Now that you say that I think its the same as the Egret, there is a metal guide on the underside of the coin slot. And I had to remove it and put the coin slot back on for quarters to fit.

Now that you say that I think its the same as the Egret, there is a metal guide on the underside of the coin slot. And I had to remove it and put the coin slot back on for quarters to fit.
Yep. That's what I did to my Vewlix, and quarters go through without issue.

Correct. It's two parts:

vewlix_coin_entry.png

2: F9007040A COIN ENTRY MOLDING LIGHT GLAY @JPY910
3: E3000262A COIN ENTRY PLATE(100YEN) @JPY1800

That metal guide costs $17, lol

Booya!! Quarters on the Vewlix. Again I do not condone adjusting your coin mech to accept quarters, I am no professional just a tinkering techy.

Nice @nem thanks for that image!
I didn't realize the metal plate on the bottom was separated from the top entry.

Do you have the name and part number for #8. I’m looking for that part but have no clue what it is. Thanks

Back