What's new
For Sale
How can i get one?
I am in china.
thank you! what a cool addon!

Purchased the QSB last run that was going. I must say I didn'thave the skills to solder such small spots, and ended up losing video and audio to my board. Apparently I bridged some some spots with too much solder lol.

I then had a friend install it who has better soldering skills. He was able to get it installed with no problems.

If you want a cleaner look (less wires) for HDMI to CPS3 , i would recommend this board to pair with it.

I'm considering buying one or two more just to have for the future, just in case I aquire another board or a friend needs one.

sorry if the pics are too blurry? My s20 takes pictures in too big of a file size and won't let me upload.

View attachment 41896

Anyone have suggestions on how I could secure it down more?

I use this double-sided sticky tape, its very tough: https://amzn.to/3loiZm6
Man what a shame, some reason the sound went out randomly today....

I turned down the volume on my cab for a call, 10 mins later I turn the cab and the volume is gone :/

Gonna have my friend take a look at it again before I try using that tape. thank you for your suggestion.

Also purchased another spare board from you today!

I turned down the volume on my cab for a call, 10 mins later I turn the cab and the volume is gone
I can attest that even without the QSB, the install can be very finicky with the audio. On the first CPS3 I installed the AV board onto, I got sound just fine from jamma and stereo outs, but the sounds through HDMI just outright refused to work regardless of different cable types, lengths, etc. I ended up just opting for an RCA splitter and running a 3.5mm in tandem with the HDMI for sound, though I only use the AV board for capturing video and not actually playing through.

I turned down the volume on my cab for a call, 10 mins later I turn the cab and the volume is gone
I can attest that even without the QSB, the install can be very finicky with the audio. On the first CPS3 I installed the AV board onto, I got sound just fine from jamma and stereo outs, but the sounds through HDMI just outright refused to work regardless of different cable types, lengths, etc. I ended up just opting for an RCA splitter and running a 3.5mm in tandem with the HDMI for sound, though I only use the AV board for capturing video and not actually playing through.
I would be open to trying this but the sound from RCA and JAMMA are both out.

I turned down the volume on my cab for a call, 10 mins later I turn the cab and the volume is gone :/

Gonna have my friend take a look at it again before I try using that tape. thank you for your suggestion.

The new board should be a LOT easier to install, the points line up better, and the edges of the board have castellated holes (contacts that wrap around the board edge). Try installing this PCB from the new kit, and if that fixes the problem ill send you a replacement.

The new board should be a LOT easier to install, the points line up better, and the edges of the board have castellated holes (contacts that wrap around the board edge). Try installing this PCB from the new kit, and if that fixes the problem ill send you a replacement.
Cool! sounds like a plan. ill just keep an eye on the mail till it gets here then see how it goes. thank you very much

Its the coaxial that goes to the BCK point resistor. It probably came loose or has a poor ground.

Its the coaxial that goes to the BCK point resistor. It probably came loose or has a poor ground.
Everything seemed to be fine, but I'll double check the BCK and ground spots. thanks for your input

EDIT: Got my new QSB in! Came in Four days earlier than expected. Ended up checking the ground and wire that connects to GND and BCK weren't making proper connection. Resoldered the wires and now everything is in working order..

@ModGirl ,I didnt end up using you're new QSB that I recently purchased. so I'll just keep that as a back up for future boards. Thank you for your offer on a refund if things didn't work well. Turns out its all good 10/10 would recommend this QSB to make things look a little cleaner for HDMI install

I feel like it's the wire that is connected to BCK/GND that quick connects to the QSB is messing up . it worked after resoldering and wiggling it a little.

I checked out what you said and it seems to work now with video and audio to the cabs.

however now through hdmi, im only getting video? what else should I check?

Last edited:
HI Folks - i am in the process of installing this in my CPS3 - and I can't get the GND point soldered - the via that it's close to, for some reason, won't take any solder.

Matt

HI Folks - i am in the process of installing this in my CPS3 - and I can't get the GND point soldered - the via that it's close to, for some reason, won't take any solder.

Matt
Hi Matt, try lightly scratching the via with your fingernail before applying flux and soldering.

Back