What's new
Mark your items as sold

HornheaDD

Professional
Reaction score
This has been sold.

$175 shipped to the US

Slightly used IrkenLabs' JAMMA Expander for your MiSTer. I came upon a MiSTercade, and don't have a second nano to put this in my other cab, so I want to pass it along to the others that might be after one. Pristine condition, I changed out the microUSB and HDMI cables as the stock ones put a teeny bit of stress on the ports, so these cables are a schoche longer to give it some breathing room. I was totally happy with mine, but it's no longer needed in DD's arcade.

US only, Paypal F&F preferred, or plus 4%, or I can do venmo if you prefer.

Will be shipped USPS, with a tracking #. Again, I know I haven't sold anything here, but I am also known as HornheaDD on the Neo-Geo.com forums, and I sell on eBay under the same name.

Attachments

• PXL_20211215_144442937.jpg
    PXL_20211215_144442937.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 71
  • PXL_20211215_144447041.jpg
    PXL_20211215_144447041.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 72
  • PXL_20211215_144454626.jpg
    PXL_20211215_144454626.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
May I just ask as to why you'd sell this one and keep the mistercade?

Coitenly. Someone already asked me in PM, so I'll just copy/paste my response lol:

I got the Expander because there was no real release date on the horizon (at the time) for the MiSTercade so I jumped on Zim's device. It works great, but the two things I prefer on the MiSTercade are that the HDMI port is still available so if I wanted to stream/record, etc then it's still doable. The other is that the Gamepad mode isn't an automatic 'switch' if you go from arcade to console games.

I'm the type that will play Super Turbo for 20 minutes, then feel like playing Blazing Lazers on the TG16 for a bit, then the MasterSystem port of Shinobi, then back to something like Progear. I hop around a lot. You have to manually tell the Expander (via the menu buttons on the board) to switch to Gamepad mode, or switch back to Keyboard mode if you're going from consoles to arcade and back again.

The MiSTercade does this on the fly, so it doesn't involve me opening my cab over and over. Also, the Expander does have a nice tiny little screen that shows what mode you're in, or if there's a voltage issue, etc. The 'Cade doesn't have that. But its not a huge deal to me. It might be more useful to others though.

Im definitely not unhappy with the Expander. It's rad. I just decided to jump over to the MiSTercade.

Same boat here, I opted to try the Expander, Cade and Jammix, all are great solutions, but have their qwerks. Like you, I wish the HDMI port was left open for captures or streaming, and the gamepad setup is problematic if you are switching between multiple two-player games specifically, but it is a sweet piece of kit. I opted to buy the JVS-PAC to see if that will help with the inputs, but the Cade handles it seemlessly. I intend to get a cab for Tate games in the future, so no need to dump my hardware yet.

Thanks for the impressions guys. Would you say that the irken has a higher video quality than the mistercade since it uses the HDMI -> VGA path? Is the difference perceptible in person or more of a theoretical difference?

Thanks for the impressions guys. Would you say that the irken has a higher video quality than the mistercade since it uses the HDMI -> VGA path? Is the difference perceptible in person or more of a theoretical difference?
Only replying because Ive had both lol but I gotta be honest, my eyes don't see a giant difference in quality. I could be mistaken (or it could be my monitor lol). But I *personally think there's no difference between the two.

Back