What's new
For Sale
Cleaned up the Strikers 1945iii / Strikers 1999. The eeprom was dead and the c1 cap was missing like usual, so I refitted both and cleaned it. Also enabled the secret ship because it’s the best!!

Pics/vid: imgur.com/a/Cj2effE
Oh, mine is dead as well. Looking at the Mame driver, it's a 93C56. Did you just swap in a new one?

interesting, I had a board with a "NG" EEPROM but replacing it didn't work, I suspect the fault was one of the near by 74-series logic ICs, I haven't got around to replacing it to confirm.

Oh, mine is dead as well. Looking at the Mame driver, it's a 93C56. Did you just swap in a new one?
yes, and on first boot it will read NG since it’ll be blank, but on the next boot it will be written by the program. If not you can reset to factory in the test menu too.

Reactions: nem
Cool! I'm interested in the Strikers 1945iii if it's still available

PM incoming.

sold strikers 1999, taito type x multi, magical drop.

had some bites on others but nobody pulled the trigger; let's take reasonable offers for cps1.5 multi and this vamp x 1/2!

Added a Taito scaler with Vewlix mount and instruction book. Not sure what they go for so $120 shipped USA to start. Someone PM me if I’m way off!

Also dropped a few prices, before I put shit up on ebay

Last edited:
Well this has been a fun purge. Everything sold has been shipped or arrived already. most of the larger stuff I wanted sell is gone, and that freed up some space here to clean shop.

Tomorrow the vamp x half and the hyper sports special go back on my shelf for trade and the triforce and Taito scaler go up on eBay. Now’s the time for offers on any of those!

Otherwise this ‘round of trash is over!

Remind this noob what the Taito scaler does?
The scaler is like any other scaler that takes 15khz to 31khz, but it’s made by Taito. It was part of their vewlix jamma kit. So to use it you still need some kind of jamma harness as well, like the official one or the one from a cyberlead. you run the video from there through this, and it scales and attenuates the jamma signal to be suitable for the lcd. It has a bunch of presets for various board types too, but I never used it since I sold my cyberlead io to a buddy.

there are other ways to jammafy a Vewlix but some folks like the original one!

tamdb.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=3741

Unclear if the rework is factory or what but all the smd roms have flux on em.
100% factory.
AFAIK Every PS5v2 board started life as a Dragon Blaze, meaning that Gunbarich, TGM2, and G-Taste boards are all Factory conversions, and they all have flux residue (and some leftover Dragon Blaze ROMs) as a result.

Back