What's new
Mark your items as sold
Obviously 0 issue if that's decided to bring the post down.

There's a few different things I think

1) Price
I don't personally find a huge difference in someone listing a PS5 for more than retail the same way someone offers MK2 board for $500 it's more than I'd pay so I wouldn't respond to the thread or buy it.

2) Selling something that doesn't exist
If a darksoft cps1 kit obviously we're all happy for it and down
If a console or something else clearly might be an issue.
But, having said that, this is posted in the other video game goods. If someone posted a 3080 card that I didn't get and offered less than ebay for it I'd want to see it but that's just me.

I get it but at the same time I see stuff that I'm like hmm, that's more than I'd pay for that and I don't price police or say anything and move on.

Fine with whatever the judgement and hopefully no one is too offended as that's not the intention
I understand your point of view, and the logic behind it. I'd like to run by this scenario:

If I post a sales thread for a Darksoft CPS1 multi for $1200 right now, is that cool?

If thats the case (which I'm fine with) my PS5 preorder is going on sale for 700 euros.

1) Price
I don't personally find a huge difference in someone listing a PS5 for more than retail the same way someone offers MK2 board for $500 it's more than I'd pay so I wouldn't respond to the thread or buy it.

But, having said that, this is posted in the other video game goods. If someone posted a 3080 card that I didn't get and offered less than ebay for it I'd want to see it but that's just me.

I get it but at the same time I see stuff that I'm like hmm, that's more than I'd pay for that and I don't price police or say anything and move on.

Fine with whatever the judgement and hopefully no one is too offended as that's not the intention
I understand your point of view, and the logic behind it. I'd like to run by this scenario:
If I post a sales thread for a Darksoft CPS1 multi for $1200 right now, is that cool?

If thats the case (which I'm fine with) my PS5 preorder is going on sale for 700 euros.
According to the rules that I believe would not be cool.

Rules for Using the Arcade-Projects Sales Forums

Rule 4: We ask that you do not resell one of the Darksoft or Walsdawg products here while they are still in production or available. This applies to products we design not products we may resell.

Rule 7 also applicable.

In the financial market these are called futures. (Selling an item not yet in existence or in a state you can't commercially exchange yet). I know eBay doesnt allow futures. Any item not in existence poses a risk to the buyer who already has money out of pocket. OP needs to be responsible and return the money in case a situation arises where pre-order gets cancelled or buyer has little way of defense.

@suverman exactly that. In the event there was an issue (like it got cancelled) the buyer would be refunded. Same as I'd hope someone would do for me if I bought a similar type of product with my own free will.

1) Price

I understand your point of view, and the logic behind it. I'd like to run by this scenario:If I post a sales thread for a Darksoft CPS1 multi for $1200 right now, is that cool?

According to the rules that I believe would not be cool.
Rules for Using the Arcade-Projects Sales Forums

Rule 4: We ask that you do not resell one of the Darksoft or Walsdawg products here while they are still in production or available. This applies to products we design not products we may resell.

Rule 7 also applicable.
But we can do it with the System18 multi as that's apocalypse's brain child, or one of Hammy's or Hursit's products, no?

Or any cab that KC or Cereth say they have coming in.

It snowballs into a very bizarre gray area, and is the reason 90% of forums have a rule that's along the lines of "You must have the item in your possession.".

@rewrite what your saying makes perfect sense. Not claiming the moral high ground that it must be an acceptable practice. If it feels to icky to be on the forum or is generally frowned upon I'm happy with new rules and to have it taken down.

Having said that the rule about no price policing and be informed when you buy something if you're interested of the market and it's value would account for something like that.

Fine either way.

Sold the US one at cost to a kid who lives near my Momma who helps her with things from time to time.

@the Goat I am sorry, you are right.

Offer declined! I should have let you know first.

I think an Xbox with the adaptive controller would be a better option for goats and their hooves. I wish you well, peace and love.

Back