What's new
For Sale

ckong

Student
Reaction score
Update May 2021

As mentioned a few days ago, I'm going to do another production run of repro marquee holders for a bunch of Candy cabs and this will be my last run, my daytime job is consuming almost all my spare time (but I enjoy it very much
1f642.png
).

If you are interested and would like to purchase one of the below mentioned repro marquee holders, then please shoot me a message. I will collect and accept orders until May 25 and then make and ship the marquee holders in one go around June 15.

Please keep in mind that shipping costs can cause you a bit of stomach ache, especially when you are overseas (I'm in The Netherlands). For instance, shipping one Vewlix marquee holder will be € 32 shipping costs, 2 Vewlix marquee holders will be about € 39 shipping costs. Larger (heavier) marquee holders will be even more expensive. For most European countries I can offer much lower flat rates for any weight, like € 18 for France, € 15 for Germany and so on.

Another thing to keep in mind is that international parcels will not arrive overnight, it can take weeks up to a month after shipment before your doorbell rings, sometimes even longer. Blame Covid-19 for that!

All marquee holders come with protection foil (both sides), which can be removed easily. Payment has to be made through Paypal, gift or otherwise. Paypal fees will be paid by the buyer. You can read my feedback in this forum.

These are the marquee holders that are available in this last run:

1. Vewlix > € 60
2. (New) Astro City / Astro City 2 (design A)> € 50,00
3. (New) Astro City / Astro City 2 (design B)> € 50,00
4. Egret II / Egret 3 / AWSD (design A) > € 50
5. Egret II / Egret 3 / AWSD (design B) > € 45
6. Naomi Universal / Net City / New Net City > € 55
7. Capcom Cute > € 50
8. Super Neo 29 / Super Neo 29 Candy > € 60
9. Super Neo 29 Type II € 75
10. Capcom Impress > € 55
11. Universal City (Chinese New Astro City clone) > € 50
12. Sega Versus City > € 60
13. Namco Exceleena / Exceleena 2 > € 45
14. Namco Cyberlead / Cyberlead 2 > € 55
15. Sega Aero City Japanese Style, with line art and polished chamfer> € 135
16. Sega Aero City Japanese Style, with line art and frosted chamfer > € 120

Mounting bolts and dome nuts are included, but shipping from The Netherlands is additional.

Specs:

1. Vewlix Marquee Holder. Lasercut from a piece of 5mm thick clear acrylic for the backpanel and a thin 0.75mm clear film for the frontpanel, just like the original marquee holder. It is the best reproduction of the original that you can get (see the images below). It comes with:

- 5 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 8mm Allen button head screws
- 2 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 12mm Allen button head screws
- 5 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nuts

2. (New) Astro City / Astro City 2 Marquee Holder (design A). Lasercut from a piece of 4mm thick clear acrylic for the frontpanel and a thin 0.5mm thin clear film for the backpanel, just like the original. Because of this thin film, the marquee holder is an almost identical reproduction of the original and it includes two square mounting supports. I will send the mounting supports loose with the marquee holder, so you can decide yourself if you want to mount the marquee holder with or without a gap. It comes with:

- 2 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 8mm Allen button head screws
- 2 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 16mm Allen button head screws
- 2 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nuts
- 2 mounting supports, each 4mm thick clear acrylic with 3M 467MP adhesive tape on one side

3. (New) Astro City / Astro City 2 Marquee Holder (design B). Lasercut from 2 pieces of 2mm clear acrylic, making it 4mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it includes two square mounting supports. I will send the mounting supports loose with the marquee holder, so you can decide yourself if you want to mount the marquee holder with or without a gap. It comes with:

- 2 mounting supports, each 4mm thick clear acrylic with 3M 467MP adhesive tape on one side

4. Egret II / Egret 3 / Sammy Atomiswave Marquee Holder (design A). Lasercut from a piece of 4mm thick clear acrylic for the frontpanel and a thin 0.5mm thin clear film for the backpanel, just like the original. Because of this thin film, the marquee holder is an almost identical reproduction of the original. The marquee holder comes with:

- 3 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nuts
- 2 Stainless Steel M4 washers

5. Egret II / Egret 3 / Sammy Atomiswave Marquee Holder (design B). Lasercut from 2 pieces of 2mm clear acrylic, making it 4mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it comes with:

- 3 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nuts

6. Naomi Universal / Net City / New Net City Marquee Holder. Lasercut from two pieces of 3mm clear acrylic, making it 6mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it comes with:

- 6 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 8mm Allen button head screws
- 6 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nut

7. Capcom Cute Marquee Holder. Lasercut from two pieces of 3mm clear acrylic, making it 6mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original, including the Capcom logo. It comes with:

- 3 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 10mm Allen button head screws
- 1 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nut

8. Super Neo 29 / Super Neo 29 Candy Marquee Holder. Lasercut from two pieces of 3mm clear acrylic and 2 white acrylic strips, making it 6mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it comes with:

- 6 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 10mm Allen button head screws

9. Super Neo 29 Type II Marquee Holder. Lasercut from two pieces of 3mm clear acrylic and 2 white acrylic strips, making it 6mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it comes with:

- 6 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 10mm Allen button head screws

10. Capcom Impress Marquee Holder. Lasercut from two pieces of 3mm clear acrylic, making it 6mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it comes with:

- 2 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 10mm Allen button head screws
- 4 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nuts

11. (New) Universal City Marquee Holder (Chinese clone of New Astro City). Lasercut from 2 pieces of 2mm clear acrylic, making it 4mm thick. Apparently this game cabinet has no original marquee holder and I made this one on request. It is based on the one for the NAC but the cab mounting holes are placed differently. It also doesn't have mounting supports. The marquee holder comes with:

- 3 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 16mm Allen button head screws

12. Sega Versus City Marquee Holder. Lasercut from 2 pieces of 4mm clear acrylic, making it 8mm thick. Like the original marquee holder this reproduction also has a center piece which is made of a 0.3mm thin white polyester sheet, without printed artwork. The marquee holder comes with:

13. Namco Exceleena / Exceleena 2 Marquee Holder. Lasercut from 2 pieces of 2mm clear acrylic, making it 4mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it comes with:

- 4 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 8mm Allen button head screws

14. Namco Cyberlead / Cyberlead 2 Marquee Holder. Lasercut from 2 pieces of 3mm clear acrylic, making it 6mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it comes with:

15. and 16. Sega Aero City Japanese Style Marquee Holder. Lasercut from a piece of 8mm thick clear acrylic for the frontpanel and a thin piece of 2mm clear acrylic for the backpanel, just like the original. The frontpanel has a chamfer, which can be ordered glossy or frosted. The backpanel has the line art on it. The marquee header comes with:

Here are some pictures of a few marquee holders that were made recently:

Vewlix

Vewlix%20v2-4_zpse5wyat6l.jpg

Vewlix%20v2-6_zps4mlo8zvi.jpg

(New) Astro City / Astro City 2 (design A)

NAC%20v2-1_zpsx95utudx.jpg

(New) Astro City / Astro City 2 (design B)

Astro%20City%20-%201_zpsmc6enlmt.jpg

Egret / AWSD (design A)

Egret%20-%20AWSD%20design%20A%20-%201_zps5oxvij1n.jpg

Egret / AWSD (design B)

Egret%20-%201_zps4mfjqqbb.jpg

Egret%20-%203_zpsk3bklvga.jpg

NeoGeo Super Neo 29 / Super Neo 29 Candy

Super%20Neo%2029%20-%201_zpsjg3qvhyq.jpg

Super%20Neo%2029-3_zpsu6yfbl9o.jpg

Capcom Impress

Capcom%20Impress%20-%201_zpshctz6w2x.jpg

Capcom Cute

Capcom%20Cute%202_zpscokjklt3.jpg

(New) Net City / Universal

NNC%20-2_zpsjzujccps.jpg

NNC%20-3_zps9afcxs16.jpg

NeoGeo Super Neo 29 Type II

Super%20Neo%2029%20Type%20II%20-2_zpswyb3ymyj.jpg

Sega Versus city

Sega%20Versus%20City%20-1_zpsowzldqkw.jpg

Sega Aero City (Japanese Style)

20191128_153919_zpsc6vsgekn.jpg

20191128_154145_zpsoqftsyio.jpg

20191128_154159_zpsx5wnphxp.jpg

Last edited:
These look great. Would love to see one for a Super Neo 29!
Thx. Do you mean the Super Neo 29 Candy? I happen to have the original on hand for a short while and if there is any interest, I could make a faithful reproduction, including the white plexi stripe

I just got my two marquees today and they're amazing! ckong has done a fantastic job with these. Everything lines up perfectly, super clean edges, they were pack packed really well and shipped lighting quick. All in all very professional!

Thanks again and here's some pictures of them installed.

WjbqFbZ.jpg

j3yLJhH.jpg

AyM3Akd.jpg

A few days ago I got some very nice Capcom logo stickers in house, and they came right on time, so I could finish 3 Capcom Cute marquee holders.

Boxed and ready to go, together with an Astro City 2 marquee holder :D

Last edited:
Hey brother, I need a super neo 29 & a nac marquee, do you have those available?

Also, do you make one for the Sega Swing cab?

Hey brother, I need a super neo 29 & a nac marquee, do you have those available?

Also, do you make one for the Sega Swing cab?
Yes, I have the marquee holders for the Super Neo 29 and also for the NAC. I'll shoot you a PM. I have no plans for the Sega Swing.

I added a few new reproductions to the list:

Super Neo 29 (Candy)

Capcom Impress

And a Universal City. This was probably a one-time job, but you never know. :)

hello ! I'm interested in the marquee hold for the new net city ! How am I able to order one?

Looking great!
Will you be able to make one for Windy Citys as well?
Maybe someone out there with an original one is able to provide measurements :D

Looking great!
Will you be able to make one for Windy Citys as well?
Maybe someone out there with an original one is able to provide measurements :D
You said it. :) I will be able if someone can give me exact measurements.

Last edited:
I was visiting the Dutch National Videogame Museum yesterday

y4m5Ps7udJNWsJquuWh8d54jssyIdgHHnNACBOjZVyMTaT8vyXSzobRVB0cfcgLTQKbEYV-kWJXEKS3jMRjLStWl2z4paK2Fcg1MKx9HT7okeWM4-CpdL-Z-DnY-CD4BtKX9pcVjt5gairRa9VBLQxmlJYFeiBO03qSazqS0YLOD2J7QEz6VBQCtiBQouLNu2daYYa9JE3fUOcO_u8fLm0Yyw

The have a small row of Vewlix with a few repro marquee holders that I made for them. Looking awesome

y4mLAjqhco9_SO400BgXmgTsdk71yn6Tl0QzizfxA9ocGngXJhwDhDoZ1g9Zy_6As7prsJiKiUX_RBvPgJyNiDlwUPa9vn-brblr0AXua3yVy6RRTR21eyzP7_aJHtAExNrl65jKORKMuQfUEt1bKyfJzrofttKLDnSiuqaVddxe8Gq1AogSfkDHZIf4udBROw_uJ8JYDMFTgzTbcPMYRSTKw

y4m08ArPJO67BjKQGUF3ZZDJYtrf5D6IpgcNUDouJh0BPXgp8en1SS2BVPC7JAsg-ny-nkXH65oI2NczIrxPapBY58U76B4V3qLgdke7lKX7wPO5uTZncTDp8zEQ2cWJuwOFuFj9S93kcFH1v2PF16bth8uPuhky0Dz2vDY3mlVf9mbWeAc3P3T-dilj8GHHzmi5w71NKd1n9PbhHxpoy0Duw

UPDATE about a few redesigns that I recently made

I added redesigned marquee holders for the Vewlix and for the (New) Astro City, I call them design A. The former designs (B) are still available because some of you may like them more.

The two redesigned marquee holders are now made of one thick piece of clear acrylic and a thin clear film, just like the original marquee holders. This makes them even more faithful. It made the Vewlix holder (design A) a bit more expensive because of the higher material costs and material handling. The redesigned (New) Astro holder didn't get a price increase.

Details and more pictures of these redesigns are in the OP.

And thx to a few people, for instance hikaru, I was able to draw up a great reproduction of the Super Neo 29 Type II marquee holder. I will lasercut a few the coming week, but I have already added it to the OP. :D

Next up (won't be a runner) is the marquee holder for the Versus City. This one is very much the same as the Astro City. :)

Back