What's new
For Sale
I'm down for 1 kit. This will replace both the control panel and top marquee lights with leds?

The control panel move strip runs off 100v AC and uses a mini ballast to power a ccfl bulb. Im working on a led replacement for that.
May I ask what you had in mind? Curious here as if there's a better solutions to the hack I have I'd be happy :) But from what I've seen ccfl backlight seems to usually just be replaced with a ledstrip of the same length and width?

May I ask what you had in mind? Curious here as if there's a better solutions to the hack I have I'd be happy :) But from what I've seen ccfl backlight seems to usually just be replaced with a ledstrip of the same length and width?
We can discuss all of that in the project thread, I don’t want to clutter this sales thread with other info, thanks.

Ok guys, I placed an order for 40 sets, that should be enough in case there are any issues. These should be here in about 3 weeks time if there are no delays in manufacturing or shipping.

Im already in the process to get harnesses done, and sourcing boxes/foam,bagggies, etc....

Kits will include the following:

3x Led PCBs
3x wire harnesses
Mounting Screws

Just curious, would it help illuminate let’s say the cardboard marquee for say KOF14 or USF4.
I have the Kof marquee on my diamond blue and am intrigued. Sorry for the weird question

Just curious, would it help illuminate let’s say the cardboard marquee for say KOF14 or USF4.
I have the Kof marquee on my diamond blue and am intrigued. Sorry for the weird question
Not weird, but this just wont work for that. I have those large pop art marquees, they are usually mounted around the acrylic topper or taped to it. No way you are gonna be able to front light that artwork with the internal light.

I've never been able to find any official images in my manuals...

But I believe the thick plexi part of the marquee should face forward, while the thinner cover should be behind/on the back.
The reason being, its the plexi itself that glows/illuminates, not the thinner cover (as this is only clear plastic).
You want to see the art work you've installed, not a silhouette because its being light from behind (ie thick plexi behind art work).

Thoughts?
Or better yet, confirmation with a manual image depicting marquee art installation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Official Vewlix marquees backlight just fine. This is a flashlight to demo on my personal plain acrylic repro (that you can see doesn't have the middle holes cut right, something to fix next time I redo it).

IMG_5994.jpg

I've never been able to find any official images in my manuals...

But I believe the thick plexi part of the marquee should face forward, while the thinner cover should be behind/on the back.
The reason being, its the plexi itself that glows/illuminates, not the thinner cover (as this is only clear plastic).
You want to see the art work you've installed, not a silhouette because its being light from behind (ie thick plexi behind art work).

Thoughts?
Or better yet, confirmation with a manual image depicting marquee art installation?

I presumed the same, but it does appear the manual (for the FC at least) illustrates the opposite--i.e., the thick Plexi behind the artwork rather than in front. Here's the relevant portion:

Screenshot_20220421-034555~2.png

The Naomi Universal marquee works on the same idea. The marquee is edge lit and the plastic back piece glows. All of the original Naomi marquee artwork is printed on backlit film. I wonder if there ever was any official Vewlix artwork that was like that?

I wonder if there ever was any official Vewlix artwork that was like that?
I had some Blazeblue art that came in the bottom of my Diamond (white).
It seemed to be printed on normal/thick stock paper, nothing special about it that I can recall (I've since given it away).

Thanks @Bluetear I must have missed that (FC is the only manual I don't actually own/only have the PDF for).
BTW if anyone has an original FC manual I am looking (I just refuse to pay crazytown prices for it, might hook up some good trades tho).

Back