What's new
For Sale
Any news from Derick? not pushing, just asking
it hasnt gotten much better for him. but he is starting to shipp out things. slow and steady. there is just a LOT to do. i talked to him last weekend. i heard he plans on getting back on ap within a couple weeks but we will see. just hang tight and keep him in your prayers. we are in it together and we will all recieve our things in good time.

Any chance there are spares ones I could buy ?

Let me know !

Can I please have my money back ? I paid many, many months ago and haven’t received anything.

While it might not look good, it's Derick we're talking about. Seems he's hit a rough patch in his life, hopefully he will get through it. But I'm sure he'll make things right whenever he can. He's a well respected member of the community, who's selflessly helped out many many members along the way, and I'm one of them.

Absolutely what Sp33dFr34k said. You have nothing to worry about, and Derick will come through when he can.

Seems he's hit a rough patch in his life
Then you refund the money to everyone pending and say "Sorry, I'll let you know when I can come through with these and you can pay again if you're still interested then.". There's really no excuse for a year plus holding folks money on 3-4 week turnaround items, no matter who you are. If anything, long-term members should be held to a higher standard, not a lower one.

Can I please have my money back ? I paid many, many months ago and haven’t received anything.
Did you get refunded? It's been over a month since this request.

Then you refund the money to everyone pending and say "Sorry, I'll let you know when I can come through with these and you can pay again if you're still interested then.". There's really no excuse for a year plus holding folks money on 3-4 week turnaround items, no matter who you are. If anything, long-term members should be held to a higher standard, not a lower one.

Did you get refunded? It's been over a month since this request.

I agree with @rewrite and knowing how the community is with @Derick2k there will be defending.

• It's been a year.
  • He hasn't even logged in since Nov 2022.
  • He hasn't given an update since the beginning of Sept 2022.
  • It was done all via PP F&F.
I don't need to know his personal life issues or medical condition, nor do I have to know. Unless he is hospitalized, completely incapacitated, or literally homeless. There really is no excuse to not take literal minutes to log in and post an update for folks.

To the members giving updates on his behalf or "I talked to him the other day". Just stop please, you are not his personal representative. Again, he has done a lot here, but should be held to the same standards as everyone else.

derick has not talked to me in a few months now it feels like. i think he dipped for an extended period of time. he still owes me shit too. sucks to suck.

i vouched for him cuz he made it seem like he was just taking a 3 month hiatus or so. i apologize for giving yall false hope.

Yeah I'd like a refund too at this point. I hope he's doing alright but I need my money to allocate it elsewhere at this point.

Absolutely @rewrite, what I meant to say was, Derick is not a conman unlike some other fella's being exposed on here over the past few months. That being said, I also do not understand what's going on. I used to talk to him on whatsapp (he's helped me design a PCB last year), he's online frequently but hasn't read any of my messages yet. Maybe somebody has a better way of communicating with him, @Darksoft possibly?

Derick is not a conman unlike some other fella's being exposed on here over the past few months.
I mean, you and I both don't know that. The arcade community at large is really good at "great long-term member disappears with a ton of peoples' money". So many "good sellers" on KLOV that eventually dipped out with a bunch of stuff left unsent, leaving the community to argue over whether they're ever going to come through or not, defending them out of some weird loyalty to people they don't actually know.

Over a year behind, and 6 months not even logging in sure looks like dipping with other peoples' money. Especially since there have been murmurings of cabs still unsent paid for that long ago or more in Discords and FB as well...

I liked Erick as much as the next guy, but that doesn't change the facts of the situation.

I'll keep it simple. Things have not been so great for 1-2 years for my family and myself. I apologize for my lack of presence and communication with you all.

Whoever wants a refund will get a 100% refund. Whoever still wants their kit(s) will get them and I will either throw in another kit or another type of addon I have made or will be offering soon. To somewhat compensate you for the time spent waiting.

I will start assembling more Vewlix kits in a couple of weeks and ship them out 1st or 2nd week of June.

FYI: I wont be able to start responding to anything here on AP until at least another week.

Again, apologies for the delay.

PS: Regarding my cab sales, the buyer and I have a mutual understanding that goes well beyond just a cab sale and circumstances had changed for both of us during this time period.

Back