What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Frank_fjs every thing published even without a license text has a licence. So don’t worry, as long if someone does not have your permission, it’s not possible to use your intellectual property. The right is on your side.
https://choosealicense.com/no-permission/

I’m not a lawyer but for me the design of @The Spaniard looks like it’s based on the design of @Frank_fjs. The design of the other extension cables here on this forum are different. Just saying...

Last edited:
I've learnt an important lesson here and have sought legal advice. I will properly license both previous and future works of mine to avoid theft.

You can get away with stealing and profiting from my work, this time, but you can't steal my respect and goodwill
Yo , Frank ! Everybody who live here on this forum in last 2 years knows this is your releases ! God bless you !

ps : As an ideea (i don't say this thing as a bad thing to happen to other peoples who sell the same products) , why don't you made a batch of these extenders available on a good price to cover peoples needs ?

Last edited:
I'm almost completely in the dark on this so I won't pass judgement on anyone but I would like to better understand the issue.

It sounds like @Frank_fjs released the design for a cable and @The Spaniard is offering an assembled cable which @Frank_fjs believes is partly based on his design and takes issue with that because @The Spaniard did not release the design of what he is assembling.

Would it be ok for @The Spaniard to offer the assembled cable if it were exactly the design @Frank_fjs released?

I will say as a person without assembly skills or equipment that I'm grateful to be able to purchase a fully assembled product.

This is how open source licenses work, if you use the design and change it, you're supposed to publish the changes.

it looks like @The Spaniard is using @Frank_fjs design files to create his, given the placement of some parts are 1:1.

So either go open source or change EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back