What's new
For Sale

msamiullah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price 500USD

Thunder Force AC in amazing condition. Still has original serial and ROM stickers.
Shipping to Canada and USA is included in the price.

s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg

I haven't seen an original Thunderforce AC for ages. Really hard to find. GLWTS

I bought one off ebay fully working about 2 months ago
Was in great condition
I am using it for my C2 multi now

Last edited:
@Monstermug I sold one not that long ago (look in the spoiler):

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/fs-apocalypses-sale-vol-2.13376/

I might have a second one for sale soon.

[EDIT]
Actually that was in Oct 2020. Time flies! =O

[EDIT 2]
An other one here:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/thunderforce-ac-arcade-jamma-original-pcb.15293/#post-249163
I bought one off ebay fully working about 2 months ago and paid $200 USD shipped
Was in great condition
I am using it for my C2 multi now

Original? I've only seen conversions. Got pics?

Original? I've only seen conversions. Got pics?
Yes the one I sold was an original Japanese board (I would have mentionned it otherwise, I don't sell conversions anyway), so is the other one I still have in storage.
Are you interested? I can go dig for it and take pics if so, but the price will go up since the last one I sold, I'm thinking 250€.

I have an original jap version too, it's a common board.

For the sake of a couple of 7's changed on the code and the insane price difference there's not much real reason to own the original either.

With that said, i won't be joining this race to the bottom price because this was the 1st jamma board i got ;)

Attachments

• IMAG0053[1].jpg
    IMAG0053[1].jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 86
Yes the one I sold was an original Japanese board (I would have mentionned it otherwise, I don't sell conversions anyway), so is the other one I still have in storage.
Are you interested? I can go dig for it and take pics if so, but the price will go up since the last one I sold, I'm thinking 250€.
That's so tempting. I see if I can raise funds for it. Got any pics?

I have an original jap version too, it's a common board.

For the sake of a couple of 7's changed on the code and the insane price difference there's not much real reason to own the original either.

With that said, i won't be joining this race to the bottom price because this was the 1st jamma board i got ;)
Beside you and me I have reproduced the Altera chip so it's even possible to run unpatched code now.
That's so tempting. I see if I can raise funds for it. Got any pics?
Need to pull it from storage, I'm preparing to move house again. Where are you located (to guesstimate shipping)?

Beside you and me I have reproduced the Altera chip so it's even possible to run unpatched code now.

Need to pull it from storage, I'm preparing to move house again. Where are you located (to guesstimate shipping)?
Does that happen to be IC10? I didn't even know it was encrypted.

Uk so postage going to be a killer. Leave it for now I think. I send you a pm when I ready :thumbsup:

It's not encrypted but there's a protection chip, IC27 (main CPU writes to it for colours banking and expect to read back specific values).
I don't have it handy but here's how look the small adapter board I designed to use a small CPLD (PLCC44) in place of the Altera EPM5032 chip (DIP28 ):

1628787072975.png

Fits easily in an ATF1502.
Also despites the silkscreen saying C/C2 - IC27 you can also use it on System 24 romboards with the proper jed file (also tested).

[EDIT]
@Hammy I'll try to make a video of it running TFAC during the week end, it's kind of cool.

Uk so postage going to be a killer.
Whats going on with shipping to the UK/EU? Now you need a VAT number collect taxes and what not?
I sent a friend a used graphics as a gift and they hit him with taxes on the declared value $20, plus on the shipping cost, which is kinda fucked up! I could only imagine if I was to put the real value of the card, it would have been crazy tax.

It's not encrypted but there's a protection chip, IC27 (main CPU writes to it for colours banking and expect to read back specific values).
I don't have it handy but here's how look the small adapter board I designed to use a small CPLD (PLCC44) in place of the Altera EPM5032 chip (DIP28 ):

1628787072975.png

Fits easily in an ATF1502.
Also despites the silkscreen saying C/C2 - IC27 you can also use it on System 24 romboards with the proper jed file (also tested).

[EDIT]
@Hammy I'll try to make a video of it running TFAC during the week end, it's kind of cool.
Man, you @Hammy and @caius are just knocking stuff out of the park with these reproductions, multis/conversions etc...
Thank you guys for the work/time/effort you put into making these happen!

Whats going on with shipping to the UK/EU? Now you need a VAT number collect taxes and what not?
I sent a friend a used graphics as a gift and they hit him with taxes on the declared value $20, plus on the shipping cost, which is kinda fucked up! I could only imagine if I was to put the real value of the card, it would have been crazy tax.
Most customs in Europe are just scamming people. Law has changed since the 1st of July where all goods coming from outside EU whatever their value (even 0.1€) must have the VAT paid.
The thing is ALL carriers apply extortion fees (handling fees) of 15 to 25€ per parcel whatever the declared value.
They justify that by saying they have to hand over the parcel to the customs, fill in the custom declaration, etc.
They charge you even for parcels that weren't stopped by the customs (obviously not 100% of the parcels are stopped, they apply a sampling method).
Also I worked for those shipping companies (automated lines) and what they call "handling fees" is just a barcode/QR code scanning on an automated conveyer belt.
Oh and doing the custom clearance on behalf of someone who hasn't given their consent is illegal too. Carriers will tell you it's impossible for individuals to do, which is an other lie, in most countries you can anticipate and do it online for free.

Altough most countries still have an exemption rule for gifts of low value (30 to 45€) customs don't care and classify everything as commercial goods.
The best part is you have 15 days to pay the customs and by doing so you have accepted the classification they made and associated fees.
Now you can choose not to pay and make a claim, it takes minimum 3 months to get an answer. By that time the goods would have long been sent back or destroyed.

It's also frequent customs apply a 1:1 conversion rate between currencies. That happened many times to me, I sent goods from NZ to Europe with a declared value in NZD as per NZ law, and properly showed as such on the label, still people got the VAT charged as if they were €... At the end it was as high as 40+% of the declared value in tax (20% VAT applied on a currency worth 1.7 times what it should).

Most people would be more than happy to pay the VAT if there weren't those unjustified fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most customs in Europe are just scamming people. Law has changed since the 1st of July where all goods coming from outside EU whatever their value (even 0.1€) must have the VAT paid.
The thing is ALL carriers apply extortion fees (handling fees) of 15 to 25€ per parcel whatever the declared value.
They justify that by saying they have to hand over the parcel to the customs, fill in the custom declaration, etc.
They charge you even for parcels that weren't stopped by the customs (obviously not 100% of the parcels are stopped, they apply a sampling method).
Also I worked for those shipping companies (automated lines) and what they call "handling fees" is just a barcode/QR code scanning on an automated conveyer belt.
Oh and doing the custom clearance on behalf of someone who hasn't given their consent is illegal too. Carriers will tell you it's impossible for individuals to do, which is an other lie, in most countries you can anticipate and do it online for free.

Altough most countries still have an exemption rule for gifts of low value (30 to 45€) customs don't care and classify everything as commercial goods.
The best part is you have 15 days to pay the customs and by doing so you have accepted the classification they made and associated fees.
Now you can choose not to pay and make a claim, it takes minimum 3 months to get an answer. By that time the goods would have long been sent back or destroyed.

It's also frequent customs apply a 1:1 conversion rate between currencies. That happened many times to me, I sent goods from NZ to Europe with a declared value in NZD as per NZ law, and properly showed as such on the label, still people got the VAT charged as if they were €... At the end it was as high as 40+% of the declared value in tax (20% VAT applied on a currency worth 1.7 times what it should).

Most people would be more than happy to pay the VAT if there weren't those unjustified fees.
Let's see tomorrow morning when i'll go on my custom postal office to get the C2 sent by Mitsu from USA to me what they will tell me ! :happy:

Back