What's new
For Sale

dos

Champion
Reaction score
A lot of you know my work already but I figured I'd make an "official" thread here. I build harnesses for most arcade uses, particularly for Japanese cab and supergun users. You can check out my eBay listings here for a general idea: https://www.ebay.com/sch/arcade_signal/m.html

Every connector type out there has its own tool designed by the manufacturer to crimp that particular contact with repeatable results. I use only these official tools for the contact crimping, and these are checked for correct calibration. It's more work and more money spent, but I think if you're paying for a part, it shouldn't be built with the same amateur "universal" tools you can use to build it yourself. The result will look and perform factory made.

lcVtNrR.jpg
F5xMLEt.jpg

crimp.jpg

I started doing this because some of the prices for harnesses on eBay made my eyes bleed as a hobbyist. I'm committed to keeping prices reasonable, even for custom work which is at the same general cost as the typical items in my store.

At the moment I'm not building full JAMMA or control harnesses for cabs, as I have a day job and these are time consuming. I can build just about anything else you need using the following connector types:
  • Amphenol/DuPont Mini-PV (AKA "DuPont connectors")
  • Hirose/HRS DF1B
  • JAE IL-G
  • JST SM
  • JST NH
  • JST PH
  • JST EH
  • JST XH
  • JST VH
  • JST YL
  • Molex KK 396/.156
  • Molex KK 254/.100
  • Molex MLX
  • Molex Mini-Fit Jr.
  • TE AMP Universal Mate-N-Lok
  • TE AMP Mini-Universal Mate-N-Lok
  • TE AMP PIDG Red
  • TE AMP Economical Interconnect (EI)
  • TE AMP Universal Power (UP)
  • TE AMP Faston .187/.110 (Joystick/button connectors)
Any harness can be sleeved or unsleeved, and 3M ribbon cable is available for certain use cases. You can specify color and length to your choosing, the default uses an individual color for each connection.

Some examples:

Neo-Geo stereo connector $14
s-l1600.jpg

HAS/Minigun Konami 3P/4P $13
3.jpg

HAS/Parsec/Minigun/etc -> CPS1 sleeved $11
4.jpg

CPS2 -> Namco 246/256 unsleeved $10
5.jpg

Astro City to Mortal Kombat 2/3/4 unsleeved $11
7.jpg

Custom order example, total shipped was about $100:
0.jpg

Feel free to hit me up with your idea or request! I'm happy to share advice and information if you're building your own harnesses as well.

Last edited:
Hello, can you make the remote cable for an Astro City monitor panel, to move it from the chassis to the control panel?

You make great quality stuff, I've gotten some stuff from you before through ebay!

Reactions: dos
Hello, can you make the remote cable for an Astro City monitor panel, to move it from the chassis to the control panel?

Unfortunately not, don't have the tooling for that connector. If there's enough interest in those I can certainly get it, didn't even think of making those!

Unfortunately not, don't have the tooling for that connector. If there's enough interest in those I can certainly get it, didn't even think of making those!
If its for a Nanao 29su, I believe it's 12pos ribbon cable, with a JST PH on the monitor side, and I'm not sure what connector on the adjustment board side.

@dos That is an impressive collection of crimps.....especially as I know some of them are 80$ or up.

if you have one 4P harnesses for a sega swing (AMP UP 9 pin connector, orange) pls let me know!

if you have one 4P harnesses for a sega swing (AMP UP 9 pin connector, orange) pls let me know!
Would you happen to have the pinout for this? Should be doable but I would have to get the 9pin AMP-UP connectors on my next order. Also let me know if you want the joystick connector to be NH 5-pin or individual .187

Wanted to give a big shout out to Dos and his incredible work. I worked with him on big custom wiring project that required sending him expensive and hard to replace items. He worked with me though figuring out the best way to get what I needed and ordered all the parts needed, very good attention to detail. Pricing was right and the turn around time was within a few days. Really really impressed. Thanks Dos!

Can you make a remote board cable for a NNC? its the ridiculously long cable for the Toshiba PF.

Can you find me a good pic of both ends of the cable? I may be able to. I have the capability do do MS9 remote cables right now but haven't started selling them just yet just because I have a lot going on at the moment. I don't have a NNC though so I'd have to see it to be sure.

Back