What's new
For Sale
I wouldn’t feel comfortable shipping a CRT over 14” regardless of how careful the shipper and carrier are. The physics just aren’t on your side beyond that point.

Oh man that's a pity. I mean that nobody wants to ship them. I know it's a huge risk, but I am that desperate to be honest. I am searching years for a 29" Multisync CRT, but here in Germany I have never seen any for sale. I know 3 people here who have an NEC XM29+ but they don't want to let them go :D Once I almost had a deal with one of them and in the last minute He told Me that he might regret it later..
Last Year, I finally found a multisync, NEC PG4 but it was broken, I bought it and gave it to a technician who managed to fix it. But the issue was that the geometry and convergence was really bad, and since it is an older Multisync Model (predecessor of the XM29+) it doesn't have an On-Screen-Menu like the XM's for calibration; only via pots and they are crossed all over the boards inside the monitor..

Without a special "supplement manual" (which seems almost impossible to find) there is barely a chance to get it better. I looked for that supplement manual for half an Year, never found one. There is one user on the web, who claims to have it, and I have asked him couple of times to make a scan, or sell it to Me, but He never did..

Well in the end, I sold the monitor, and shipped it to Someone who took the risk. He is lucky with the monitor although the mentioned issues with the screen. I also shipped a PVM2950qm, all went good so far, they all arrived safe at their destination.

So I am still looking for a XM29/XP/XV+/Extra whatever, but they are damn hard to get by.
Sorry for the long text, and "abusing" this thread.

Last edited:
Yeah the NECs are heavy :D They are built like a tank. But strangely enough, I could carry a PVM2950qm alone 20 stairs up to my apartment, but I could carry the NEC only a few steps, although the weight between both of them is about equal (the NEC is only slightly heavier), I guess the weight distribution on the PVM is better aligned to the center (the handles are also in a better position).

Hello all.... for sale..cash and in person pickup preferred.... If shipping, PayPal friends and family only, sellers arrange shipping with STI; Monitor (s) are fully working and you can test to your heart content, once the monitor(s) leaves my castle, they are 100% yours.

NEC XM29 plus - she is beautiful, nice and bright as soon as you turn it on, no funny business here. No dents or scratches on the screen, no burn ins. Has original remote RD-346E and An extra NEC RD-320E remote which is the one I prefer to use. Connects in the back and no needs for battery and easy to adjust the monitor picture on the fly.
Does 15khz (No 24khz) and 31khz and up. This is the best monitor that I have owned. I have never TATE this monitor and it mainly stayed in one place (my living room) since I got it many moons ago. Price $2900

NEC multisync 3PG - bright and nice from power up. NEC RD-320E remote and original manual. No dents or scratches on the screen.. this one can do 15kz, 24khz, 31KHz and up. All types if inputs in the back. (I have no price on this one at this time)

Mitsubishi Megaview XC-2930C - beautiful monitor, nice and bright as soon as you power it on, no dents or scratches on the screen, original remote and original manual, can do 15khz, 24khz, 31khz and up..I love the colors on this one, it does not have as many video inputs as the NECs but has the BNC RGB in and out. Price is $2200 or best offer

In all 3 monitors - like all CRTs, you might need to adjust convergence to your liking. I have convergence setup to where it’s good enough for me

pictures taken from my crappie phone and can not do the monitors justice.
Wow! Maybe in the next life I will be able to see and play games on an XM29!

Back