What's new
For Sale
I guess it's worth noting that I still have one of the junk Fs from the last batch, but there was mouse poops in it, so I took it off the market. If anyone wants it anyway before I take the time to strip and clean it myself, lmk. I'm not opposed to liquidating it.

I guess it's worth noting that I still have one of the junk Fs from the last batch, but there was mouse poops in it, so I took it off the market. If anyone wants it anyway before I take the time to strip and clean it myself, lmk. I'm not opposed to liquidating it.
What would that "junk" F go for? You know I'm not shy about cleaning/restoring 😉

Quick cab question the Blanc is basically a Noir cabinet with different trim/marquee. So you can't rotate the monitor to a vertical position correct.

Thanks both of you. After I get the F from shipping. I will have to decide on making it vertical, then choose a second cab for fighters, platformers. Figured Maybe second cab be a different style than Vewlix. Like the looks of the Blanc and PRas (sp). That'll get me to the 50% to the cabs I want. Leaving a gun type game and Neo Geo cab left.

Just want to say how great Cereth has been answering questions and taking care of my order.

Heads-up, I’m on Tokyo time now, and my schedule is more pressing than I remembered from last time. Mainly it is very hard to get computer hours in, besides time difference (time usually doesn’t matter since my schedule changes constantly anyway, but I’m forcing myself to adhere for this month). I take notes of those who contact me and will reach back out. If for some reason you feel I missed you, please send a reminder PM! Your harassment has received my approval, please take advantage of that :)

Unfortunately that’s not something I feel like dealing with. I have around 2,000 ¥100 coins at home for when I get a change machine already. I already do more than I should, if I offer additional things like that it’ll be in it’s own time. I’m pacing myself

Since you're in Tokyo, get us those 100 yen coins. :)
Why not just go to your bank? 90% of people in this hobby make this way more complicated than it is and I cannot figure out why.

A guide:

Walk into your bank

Ask about currency exchange.

Sometimes you have to come back in a few days if you're not in an area that typically has your desired currency on hand.

You'd struggle to find a bank that can't handle this for you. And if you're a regular flyer, or have a crippling phobia of banking institutions, you can always go to the currency exchange counter at just about every airport in the US as well.

Don't overcomplicate things for yourselves. No need to overpay for something you can get for literal cost, or to bother importers or folks living overseas for that you can handle right at home at a place you go every week or so anyway.

I haven't personally tried, but I think getting in larger quantities, a fair number or more of banks will actually tell you to fuck off, especially in more rural areas. I'd want to hear experiences from others, but I think it is actually genuinely a pain in the ass for some people. I feel bad because I'd be really happy to see fulfillment through to people, but realistically, I gotta focus my energy better elsewhere, lest people beat me up over how shitty of a person I am for "taking my stress out on others" lol

Why not just go to your bank? 90% of people in this hobby make this way more complicated than it is and I cannot figure out why.

A guide:

Walk into your bank

Ask about currency exchange.

Sometimes you have to come back in a few days if you're not in an area that typically has your desired currency on hand.

You'd struggle to find a bank that can't handle this for you. And if you're a regular flyer, or have a crippling phobia of banking institutions, you can always go to the currency exchange counter at just about every airport in the US as well.

Don't overcomplicate things for yourselves. No need to overpay for something you can get for literal cost, or to bother importers or folks living overseas for that you can handle right at home at a place you go every week or so anyway.
My personal experience here was that local banks only do notes, no coins :(. I went to a couple different credit unions and one larger-bank (BoA). Otoh, leftovercurrency.com was awesome and pretty cheap. I had a thread somewhere (I think in the want to buy forum) where a few of us talked about it. They worked out great for a handful of us!

edit: here's the thread for anyone curious: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/found-100¥-coins.22056/page-2

Yep, it isn't as simple as rewrite makes it out. This is my experience, residing in a large metro area:
  • A lot of banks won't offer coins at all. Bills only.
    • Those that do, often have limits on how many coins they'll allow you to get. Some may also charge extra.
  • Currency exchanges are more likely to provide coins, but their fees & the spread they charge sucks. Bad.
It's true that if you REALLY want it, you'll just pay extra to get it done, but if you're on a budget or you literally cannot find anyone to give you coins, you're kinda SOL.

My advice to you is ask a friend who isn't Cereth that visits Japan to stop at a local Arcade on their way to the airport and dump a few 1000 yen bills into the exchangers. Make sure the attendants don't see them doing it. :P

The same goes for getting AmusementIC cards in Japan. Get a few at every arcade you stop at. Many are in places that aren't going to be observed, so you can honestly spend some time on them and suck them pretty hard for cards.

Some time maybe in a year or two when (and if) I get a storefront open, I might put knickknacks like this up, just not now

In Narita airport there is at least one giant wall of capsule gacha machines. Next to those is a machine that turns bills into 100yen coins. I turned all my leftover bills into 100yen coins last time I was there, and nobody is side-eying you as they have more important things to look out for at the airport

I go through Narita because I have a travel agent friend who gives me extremely good deals on flights, but they all go through Narita (even once when my real destination was Kobe, couldn't get any other airport). Don't mind it, that katsu curry place there (the one with table service) is great after a long flight and I kinda like the long train ride into Tokyo (perhaps I'm crazy)

I go through Narita because I have a travel agent friend who gives me extremely good deals on flights, but they all go through Narita (even once when my real destination was Kobe, couldn't get any other airport). Don't mind it, that katsu curry place there (the one with table service) is great after a long flight and I kinda like the long train ride into Tokyo (perhaps I'm crazy)

Any way in Tokyo makes you not crazy but happy. Can’t wait to go back.

Back