What's new
For Sale
I think I’m pretty much in on that one. Hope you’re feeling better now after the downtime . Should I wait for you to check it out when you’re back in the office ?
Definitely. Its a SFV IO iirc, which isn’t the most desirable. If cabs are actually in the warehouse, I usually prefer to actually look them over with someone before selling them

@Cereth , awesome . Well, I’m a good distance from you at the moment. I’m regularly in Southern Nevada though. If you have time I’m happy to look at it with you over FaceTime or something .

That does look like a usbio, do some research to make sure you know what you are getting into

Tha
That does look like a usbio, do some research to make sure you know what you are getting into
Thanks for the heads up. I probably should have introduced myself or filled out my profile a while ago. I’ve got a few cabinets already. This is my first lcd based cabinet but I’ve been working on electronics and stuff for the last few decades now . Sysadmin / systems engineeer by trade. I’ve got three cabinets now ( 2 slot, aero city and an Astro 2 ) . I’ve been collecting / repairing game consoles / console games for a lot of years. A cabinet like this seems like a good fit. I probably spend 10-20x more time working on my gaming hardware vs actually playing games and to be honest, I think I have just as much fun doing one vs the other. My family had a Tron cabinet in the basement when I was growing up in the mid-late 80’s so that’s another cabinet I’ve been on the look for. Besides that, I really wanted one or two good cabinets representing each “generation” of hardware ( in a very loose : broad perspective ). I’ve got a few 15khz based cabinets . Now I need a vewlix to cover modern games ( like SF4 since I’m a big SF fan ) and then a NNC or Blast to play 31khz stuff on ( Naomi games, Third Strike if it ever stops costing more than most peoples mortgages ).

I will need to investigate swapping in a FastIO or something, and obviously I’ll have to fix the monitor but I’ve got a garage full of tools, and a crash cart with a pvm, and all sorts of soldering/desoldering/rework stations that will get me through whatever this thing throws at me. Hopefully Cereth / Saru can just sell me whatever I need to throw in the cabinet . We’ll see. Either way it’s all good. Thanks for taking the time to chime in. I’ve worked on cabinets but never a vewlix so this is all good information.

Alright! Again it's almost certainly USBIO, but I'll see what I can do
Thanks for that. With the SFV wired cabs, I was under the impression folks could go the fastIO route if they use an adapter harness. I *think* @Lemony Vengeance makes or made something that helps with that ? Not 100% if that applies 1:1 for this cabinet so someone please feel free to chime in and educate me if I’m missing the mark on that one …?

Thanks for that. With the SFV wired cabs, I was under the impression folks could go the fastIO route if they use an adapter harness. I *think* @Lemony Vengeance makes or made something that helps with that ? Not 100% if that applies 1:1 for this cabinet so someone please feel free to chime in and educate me if I’m missing the mark on that one …?
I do make G harnesses to get the fast IO working in a diamond orange cab.

I would have to see what this looks like in order to make a judgement call as to how significant this is. Ie: Is this something a 3D printer and a bit of measuring can sort or am I going to have an unavoidable mess ?

@Cereth what is the status of the FC that you have listed as coming in the next container ?
If you're hellbent on a Vewlix then by all means ignore this. It's a dream cab for many folks due to it's iconic look and people tend to enjoy putting a lot of love and upgrades into them. The Vewlix also has a massive and active community for support.

If not, look into the Sega PRas3's Cereth has - IMO they're much better value since they -> are far newer condition, come stock with a great IO, 10-point touch screen, Gamepad USB port, USB hub, charging and headphone jacks, and come with a decent board (ALLS UX) w/ a 1070 GTX that you can swap the SSD to run a normal windows 10 setup on and emulate just about everything up to 2d PS3 games.

Here's a couple great overviews -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSIV0fgAj9s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxvuINNOdA

If you're hellbent on a Vewlix then by all means ignore this. It's a dream cab for many folks due to it's iconic look and people tend to enjoy putting a lot of love and upgrades into them. The Vewlix also has a massive and active community for support.

If not, look into the Sega PRas3's Cereth has - IMO they're much better value since they -> are far newer condition, come stock with a great IO, 10-point touch screen, Gamepad USB port, USB hub, charging and headphone jacks, and come with a decent board (ALLS UX) w/ a 1070 GTX that you can swap the SSD to run a normal windows 10 setup on and emulate just about everything up to 2d PS3 games.

Here's a couple great overviews -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSIV0fgAj9s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxvuINNOdA
I’m aware of the PRAS. My other two candy cabs are Sega ( aero and Astro 2 ), so while completing the set with one of those is compelling, I do like the flexibility , parts availability , and aftermarket support of the Vewlix. they’re also a pretty iconic platform, look neat as well. If I had more space I’d grab both but since I’ve kind of planned for what I have now plus a Vewlix and a Blast or NNC I kind of want to stay the course. I kept saying yes to every good / free deal I’d come across in terms of consoles / crts over the years and now I have a literal wall of crts that take up a crapload of space that I just don’t have 😂

Don't forget to look into the height of these guys. They'll absolutely surprise you.
I thought it might be an issue and gave me pause at first, but it's fine unless you're precious about all your cabs lined up the same height. In which case I can understand. Practically though, the height is far more comfortable to sit at than my NACs and I'm not desperate for arcade stools because the only other options are garbage.

Standard barstools of all assortments and styles work great with the PRas due to the increased height. They're also decent to stand at and play for a few hours at a time if you're under 6ft.

The height critique is mostly an aesthetic thing and an overrated concern imo.

It's still one of my 3 key downsides of the cab, them being:

Can't rotate
Height isn't comfortable to stand, or works well with normal seating
Can't change to 2L without excessive revamping

Some words in paragraphs updated, a little more relevant to the here and now. Hopefully a bit more informative on current events.

Added more linked photos to a lot of things, just so that there are example photos of most cabs. I am working out systems to hopefully at least be able to give people pictures of specific cabs AFTER a container ships. It's not quite the optimal point I want to be at, but a step closer to what I used to provide.

I'm looking to fill 4 containers in the month of July, so I really need feedback from everyone what they want. Please check the listing! I'm probably going to fill a lot with Vewlixes and Noirs as much as possible; there's not a shitton of them, but I need to know how flexible I need to be on space for them.

These are those listings specifically:

Noir HD - $1,100 - Blue and red should be available
Noir HD (Tekken 7: Fated Retribution) - $1,500 - Includes Tekken 7 ES3, recommended as a pair
Vewlix Diamond Black - $3,000
Vewlix Diamond Blue - $2,000
Vewlix Diamond Orange - $3,000

Noirs do not come with PCB, but do come with everything else, including the art already on them. All Vewlixes come with FastIO or JVSIO; seems most are FastIO. There are some with SFV/USBIO, but I am not counting them in what is listed, you are welcome to ask after them.

Also just in general, feel free to ask me questions about anything! I'm loosening up enough to field questions, even if you just want to know things about a game you don't know about. I am most talkative and helpful on Facebook/Discord, please SEND ME A PM FIRST if you'd like to communicate this way so I know who you are.

That's it for now!

Back