What's new
For Sale
Made a quick update, mainly marking things sold. Dropped Vewlix Diamond Oranges to $2,750. They aren't inferior to Diamond Blacks at all, but literally nobody is buying them. I'm probably never ordering them again. Get them while I have them.

I have a lot more items added to my list, but I think that's for a later time. Still coming out of the end of a really heavy schedule, and about to go right back in with cons and containers again at the end of the month.

@Cereth Bear with me through some dumb questions.

Why is the Vewlix Diamond Blue so much cheaper than the Diamond Orange or Black? What IO do they have? These are 1080p, not 768p, right?

Edit: Found this:
Noirs do not come with PCB, but do come with everything else, including the art already on them. All Vewlixes come with FastIO or JVSIO; seems most are FastIO. There are some with SFV/USBIO, but I am not counting them in what is listed, you are welcome to ask after them.
I’ll ultimately want both FastIO or JVSIO, but would prefer FastIO to start. Do you know which cab has which, or is it too much trouble and I’ll get what I get?

Last edited:
Why is the Vewlix Diamond Blue so much cheaper than the Diamond Orange or Black? What IO do they have? These are 1080p, not 768p, right?
Blues are much older cabs. They have a 1080p monitor but it's 3 generations behind as far as stock Taito monitors are concerned. The one REALLY nice thing about them is that they provide a *much* nicer 480p image than the later model monitors, so they're great if you intend to toss a Naomi or something in there as well as whatever else.

Blues are much older cabs. They have a 1080p monitor but it's 3 generations behind as far as stock Taito monitors are concerned. The one REALLY nice thing about them is that they provide a *much* nicer 480p image than the later model monitors, so they're great if you intend to toss a Naomi or something in there as well as whatever else.
Thanks. Love Naomi but I think Diamond Black/Orange is what’s up my alley.

@Cereth Do any of these come with FastIO?

Minor correction, Blue Diamonds don't have 1080p monitors, they're 768p IPS screens. Which is why they look nice with 480p I guess. (Source: I own two)

Minor correction, Blue Diamonds don't have 1080p monitors, they're 768p IPS screens. Which is why they look nice with 480p I guess. (Source: I own two)
I also own 2 with the stock IPS Technology monitors, and they display 1080p natively. Tested this back in the Vewlix details thread after that one user made up the chart that's on AO.

I also own 2 with the stock IPS Technology monitors, and they display 1080p natively. Tested this back in the Vewlix details thread after that one user made up the chart that's on AO.
Theres 2 different monitors in those blues. The Panasonic one I had was really, REALLY nice for VGA. Personally, dia blue is my favorite of the color schemes.

Ips technology was a subsidiary of panasonic right? As far as I can tell it is indeed a 768p native monitor that can display 1080p through scaling so doesn’t look quite as sharp.

As far as I can tell it is indeed a 768p native monitor that can display 1080p through scaling so doesn’t look quite as sharp.
If you find your way into whichever thread was about Vewlix monitor differences, someone had me test to see if it was native 1080p or scaled and it was determined it is native.

Ips technology was a subsidiary of panasonic right? As far as I can tell it is indeed a 768p native monitor that can display 1080p through scaling so doesn’t look quite as sharp.
This. I have specifically tested the Artax multi to confirm, and there are some games it won't display at all. From what I've gathered, they come stock with the 768p screen, with the option to upgrade to a 1080p one. It's possible that @rewrite has an upgraded cab, but pretty much universally, none of the Diamond Blues I've gotten have had a 1080p panel as far as I've seen.

Also I do need to update the listings again hopefully before I ship out to San Japan, but there is currently no DIA Blue, one DIA Black, and one DIA Orange (SFV) left from what is coming in for the next month or so. There are no more DIA Blue/Black on order for a while, and I'm not shipping more DIA Orange unless asked, because sales are dismal for them.

It's possible that @rewrite has an upgraded cab, but pretty much universally, none of the Diamond Blues I've gotten have had a 1080p panel as far as I've seen.
I suppose it's possible, but what would the odds be of getting two of them, y'know? Crazy.

I guess at this point in time, unless you're yanking the back off and looking, any of the older Vewlixes could have any monitor.

Windows sees my panel as 1360x768 natively. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything. So I've been doing some experiments, and I think I have a good test if your Vewlixes are on a PC so you can try it yourself.

I made a 68x68 pixel square, and marked it off in 5 and 10 pixel increments. I was going to use it to count pixel density. But this is what I found before I even got to the ruler part.

Here's the square:

68x68.png

The pink lines represent 5 pixels, the green line 10. And I wrote that out using exact pixels to do the numbers.

Here's a 3x photo of that square, on my Blue Diamond, at both resolutions.

blue-diamond-compare.jpg

You can see why I stopped there. No point in busting out the rules, it seems obvious that 768P is natively scaled, you can see each pixel of the 5 clearly. The 1080p version is scaling it, and turns it into a blobby mess.

But to be sure I tried again with a high contrast black and white image.

ap-square.jpg

blue-diamond-compare2.jpg

Again, super clear which one is native and which is scaled. If anyone with a Blue Diamond wants to try I'd welcome having my work checked. I consider it a closed matter for my cabs though. I have the Panasonic IPS screens fwiw, and can confirm the same picture results across both cabs (screens are mirrored from my graphic card).

Back