What's new

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Table of Contents:

1) Introduction / Order Status
2) Machines For Sale (Available Now)
3) Machines For Sale (Incoming Containers)
4) Machines For Sale (Future Containers)
5) Kits & Parts For Sale
6) Special Requests
7) Information, Rules, & Policies

Introduction:

Hey everyone, I'm Cereth a.k.a. Kenchan a.k.a. David, founder and owner of Game Saru, an importer of Japanese arcade machines and related goods. I have a long time been an enthusiast in the hobby, and my goal with the company is to provide a more in-touch import service for these goods to my fellows in the community, and to provide rental services for Japanese arcade machines to various events. This thread serves to fulfill the former of the two.

Over the last three years, I've built up everything I feel necessary to provide a better overall service in importing these goods to North America. I want to make sure all games purchased meet the requirements of a buyer. I generally try to get photos of the cabinets to show the cosmetic and monitor condition, as well as information about specifics where necessary, and will work one-on-one with you to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

If you would like to ask for anything that is not listed, please refer to "Special Requests". For any information on payment policies, rules, about the process, please refer to "Information, Rules, & Policies".

Order Status:

I'm closing all requests until September. I am having ridiculously high volume right now, literally 6x normal, and I'm only one person. Space is at a premium, and backlog isn't getting cleared unless I stop taking requests. I will be working through only my existing requests and any cabs I order normally and list here. Anyone who asks for anything not listed or is not already on the list will be turned away. I will also be turning away requests to help with small things, my list is already too big to be able to properly fulfill stuff. I don't want to do this, but the workflow will collapse otherwise. Any items listed will be first-come first-serve, cash up front. Hopefully by end of August I'll be back down to a more reasonable list to work with.

Sea freight is EXTREMELY backed up. Up until now I've been able to provide accurate general, if not somewhat broad arrival estimates and keep them consistently. Right now every single step of the process is experiencing delays. Some background: currently the US is exporting less, but importing more from Asian countries. As a result, there are a lot of empty containers in the US and not enough in Asia to fill goods with. As a result, empty containers are being shipped out of the US so that enough empties are in Asia to load. With lots of empties here in the US, yards are getting overfull from it, causing incoming containers to be delayed for unloading while stuff is getting cleared out. Additionally, since so much is getting imported, it's harder for trucking companies to book a time to get into the yard to clear out incoming stuff, just making the yards even busier. Adding to all that, there's a shortage of truckers right now. All of this leads to ships being stuck in the harbor unable to even dock to unload because yards are too busy/full. That leads to delays unloading, delays getting stuff out of the yard. Those ships are now only getting back to Asia a week or two late, setting everything even farther back. The whole mess leads to major increases in shipping cost, difficulty getting empty containers, difficulty booking a slot, etc. It started getting bad at the end of last Fall, and has only continued to compound on itself since. Expect fluctuations of up to 1 month on all timing estimates.

Addendum to above, costs are jaw-dropping, 4-5x normal. There's little to no room for flexibility anymore on pricing.

There are roughly 3 containers a month for the rest of the year unless I manage to actually take a break in the Fall. Any requests over what I have already will be deferred to Snow Phoenix or GndZero.

Last edited:

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Machines For Sale (Available Now):

BeatStream $3,000 / $2,500 x15 - Price with and without header, these are getting a full restore first, possible negotiations for parts/gutted cabs, note these will take some time to finish restoration (these are currently not restoreable, being held for now)
Dance Dance Revolution SOLO - $1,250 - These are being sold AS-IS, 2 monitor works, 1 does not, PCB will have dead CD/RTC, 1 missing kick plate, have mildew smell but in solid physical/cosmetic shape overall, expect them to have wear from sitting for 10+ years
DISSIDIA: Final Fantasy $1,000
DrumMania - $900 - These are being sold AS-IS, most monitor works, PCB is V-V3 series, do not boot, have mildew smell but in solid physical/cosmetic shape overall, expect them to have wear from sitting for 10+ years
GachaGachamp - $1,600 - Monitor comes on for 10s and shuts down, game plays blind, in excellent overall cosmetic condition, but mildew smell, wear from sitting for 10+ years
Groove Coaster - Offering for interest, currently awaiting a Type X Zero repair and monitor does not work, can fix X Zero and replace monitor, or sell as-is
GuitarFreaks - $800 - These are being sold AS-IS, most monitor works, PCB is V-V3 series, do not boot, have mildew smell but in solid physical/cosmetic shape overall, expect them to have wear from sitting for 10+ years
KeyboardMania - $1,250 - Being sold AS-IS, monitors work, PCB has a few bad components/boards, have mildew smell but in solid physical/cosmetic shape overall, expect them to have wear from sitting for 10+ years, keys VERY yellow
Pop'n Music SD $1,500 - This is just a suggestion, these are Pop'n 1 or 2 export version, suggested mainly for a collector who specifically wants old hardware

Last edited:

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Cabinets For Sale (Incoming Containers):

These all have an expected arrival date around July/August

Pump It Up CX - $6,500 - JP Prime or Prime 2, not sure which I'll sell
Sound Voltex V - $2,250 - Priced AS-IS, they all work, but I'm not picking over condition for people since there's 10-20 cabs to go through, price is extremely fair for what it is
Sound Voltex Real Generator - $200 - I'm giving these mainly for people buying cabs, but I have a lot on order, I am currently not selling paper

Last edited:

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Cabinets For Sale (Future Containers)

End of August/early September arrival:

BishiBashi Channel - $2,500
Dance Rush - $10,500
Groove Coaster - $1,750
MUSECA - $3,000 - Still rare, price may increase, limited availability, photo may not be exact cabinet, no top POP included
PRas 3 - $1,750 - Includes ALLS PCB, photo is example only, not necessarily cabinet for sale
Rhythm Tengoku - $1,500 - Does not include top/side flags, photo example only
Sound Voltex V (Offline) - $3,000 - Same as above but offline, no guarantee, but I'd assume since these got offline kits, it's likely they are in better overall condition
Synchronica - $3,500
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: All-Star Carnival - $1,500 - Pending sales to existing requests
WACCA - $5,500 - Will not come with keychip, currently limited network support provided, working on repro LED boards, photo may not be exact cabinet, more will be available later

Later:

CHUNITHM - $3,500 - Availability likely November/December, photos example only
jubeat - $1,250 - Will open orders later, photos example only
Ongeki - $8,000 - Very limited availability
Project DIVA: Future Tone - $1,500 - Will open orders later
SQ - Will list later
Taiko no Tatsujin 13 - Will list later

Last edited:

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Kits & Parts For Sale:

NAMCO System 357C $350 Shipped - These are Gundam EXVS or Tekken Tag 2, let me know if you are looking for any particular games
NAMCO System ES3 $400 Shipped - These are Tekken 7 FR, let me know if you are looking for any particular games
TAITO Type X3 $350 Shipped - Arriving in March/April
SEGA RingEdge 2 $300 Shipped - Arriving in March/April

Aime Card $6 up to 9, $5 10-49, $4 50+
eAmuse Card $6 up to 9, $5 10-49, $4 50+
NESiCA Card $6 up to 9, $5 10-49, $4 50+

B1 Poster Frame*** $42 - Orders closed
B2 Poster Frame*** $42 - Orders closed

TAITO 43cm Stool* $105 - Approx. 8 available
TAITO 48cm Stool* $105 - Orders closed
TAITO Bench** $350 - Orders closed

* These are recommended in batches of 3-5, there's little to no difference in shipping cost ordering fewer. These can be stacked on a cabinet to save shipping cost.
** I only order these at special request. If you are buying a cabinet, it will only cost around $25 to add it to the freight shipment. Otherwise, I will only personally deliver these on my normal delivery routes (see 7th post) or ship FedEx (got the rates lower, but still around $140). In the case of FedEx, be prepared to lose all insurance claims, they have proven themselves tenaciously against accepting ANY fault.
*** Recommend ordering these in quantities of 6-10. Any less is a very large cost per frame, I have no way to lower this cost to you. I will also pack with delivery routes (see 7th post) and on cabs when possible.

Last edited:

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Special Requests:
If you have interest in ANY large items, be it parts, cabinets, etc., don't hesitate to ask. However, I have restrictions on Yahoo! Japan auctions and candy cabinets (see below). otherwise, I am happy to give you information on pricing and availability of everything, as well as find what you are looking for. I love to talk, maybe too much. Feel free to reach out! I'm most easily reached on Facebook Messenger (David Rocovits or Game Saru) and Discord (Cereth#0265), or send me a PM here.

About Yahoo! Japan:
I offer the service of bidding/buying on Yahoo! Japan for large items not easily sent through the mail (e.g. arcade cabinets, large parts). I have a limited number of such orders I can do per container, and as such, this service is ONLY offered to close friends/colleagues and regular customers. If you do not know me or have not worked with/spoken with me before, I will deny any request you make. For those who qualify, there will be a premium of $300 or 20% (whichever is higher) on top of all finishing costs, domestic and international shipping. Additionally, auctions will be accepted at my personal discretion for any number of reasons. In rare cases I cannot meet the above policy in extenuating circumstances. Please understand that there are some items I can't help with!

About Candy Cabinets:
Same as above, this is ONLY for close friends/colleagues and regular customers. If you are not one of the above, I WILL IMMEDIATELY BAN YOU FROM ALL FUTURE BUSINESS. DO NOT trifle with me about this. The vast majority of requests are people asking for candy cabs, and 99% of those go unfulfilled. It takes up an excessive amount of time to process, has a pitiful profit margin, and there aren't even enough cabinets to service the MOST basic of needs, much less picky condition requests and high failure rates due to age and CRTs. I can't even meet the demands of my closest colleagues, much less the general public.

Last edited:

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Information, Rules, & Policies

About Payments:
I generally accept all payments PayPal Friends & Family. I will accept other forms of payment as an exception if you ask. Large payments are worth looking into Wire Transfer; Zelle/Venmo work as well depending. I will NOT accept payments via PayPal Goods & Services or send a PayPal invoice except in extenuating circumstances, and ONLY if you agree to pay the cost of fees, NON-REFUNDABLE. In case of refund, PayPal keeps the fees out of my account. They have rotten seller protection; I keep a good reputation specifically so that there is no need to pay PayPal for theirs. If you send a payment Goods & Services anyway, you will be asked to pay the remainder, and will NOT be refunded the amount of fees for ANY reason.

About Shipment/Delivery:
All items unless mentioned ship from my warehouse in Reno, NV. I ship via STI, through Michelle Bianchi. It is safe to assume a normal sized cabinet ranging from a Vewlix to a roughly 3' x 3' cabinet will cost around $450-$500, two such cabinets to add around $25-$50, and something larger like a beatmaniaIIDX to cost around $600-$650. My estimates are usually pretty accurate. I will also do semi-frequent delivery trips to SoCal, Bay Area, and VERY infrequently, up to Seattle or out towards Salt Lake/Denver. I will deliver smaller items like poster frames and stools on these trips. This is good if you only want one or two of them, as I won't have the hard restrictions that FedEx does. I will also service the benches on these runs.

About Cancellations/Problems
Depending on circumstances, I can handle order cancellations. Refunds will only be paid when I find a new buyer for the goods cancelled. In case of problems with an order, I will back the purchase to the best of my ability, including but not limited to repairs, replacements, and involvement on insurance claims. Please understand however that there is only so much I can do.

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Placeholder for any final notes

Last edited:

bodine1231

Student
Reaction score
Just bumping up for now. A container arrived yesterday, I've been pretty under pressure as of late. I got some more cab photos, have been sending them out to people as needed. I'm still here, I'm still operating, just taking care of immediate needs first.
Lol just saw your video. I get a kick out of you climbing all over those cabs haha.

I may be interested in one of the Nostalgias if they aren’t spoken for. How does the online/card saving functionality work?

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Lol just saw your video. I get a kick out of you climbing all over those cabs haha.

I may be interested in one of the Nostalgias if they aren’t spoken for. How does the online/card saving functionality work?
I think all taken atm, I haven't been able to update the sales listings here very well since there's always something else taking up my time. I can put you on the list.

There's offline hacks and some private networks that will support the game up to the end of Op. 2. Op. 3 is a mess on the network side, so nobody is really dealing with it.

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
I added a few things, but most stuff I'm getting offered is going straight to people with reqeusts. Sorry I haven't kept this up, it's been too busy with other parts of the business to do much

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Since my investment I've been waiting on for 1-2 months hasn't confirmed coming in, I'm going to presell 4 or so BeatStream. They will be $3,000, complete minus header. They are all in unknown operable status, I'll be shopping them out and piecing together working units when they arrive. There are 18, I don't want to list more than 4 to start out just in case every single one needs extensive work. Hoping to get them on a container end of this month. Anyone interested in BST, whether to buy now or down the line, please get in contact with me so I can put you on the reserve list.

I may also presell DanceManiaX. There are only 7, so at most I'll presell 2. Same as above, I'm taking an interest list, I'm otherwise not selling them until they arrive and have been looked over. They are $2,000 complete/working, can work something out for incomplete cabs to run MAME or Cata's PC build.

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Gonna throw this out there for now, I've been busy enough to turn people away for the last two weeks and the workload hasn't gotten any less, if anything it's gotten more. Please understand if I have turnaround times up to 2 weeks on things, including shipping items, customer support, responses with information requested about things. I'm about to receive 7 containers in the next few months, and there's ridiculous amounts of work and planning to be done by just one person. Despite it all, everything is moving exactly to the schedule I laid out. Everyone will still get taken care of. Just please, understand that I am taking care of priorities on an hourly basis, not even a day or week ahead. If you need something, message me, and let me know if it is a priority. I will take care of it if it is, but will probably have to put it off if it is not. I've had 25+ cabs I haven't even bothered listing for over a month because listing cabs hasn't been an immediate priority, if that gives you guys an idea how pressing everything has been.

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Update, container that was supposed to arrive next week was pushed back 2 weeks. This is probably a direct result of how backed up shipping lines have been the last few months. From what I've heard, ships are sitting outside port and can't even dock. Please expect these delays on top of delays trying to book transit in the first place. Everything is still within tolerance ranges I estimated from the beginning.

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Updated the list to be as current as possible, I've needed to make an update for weeks/months. If something is listed as PENDING, you can still ask about it. Just means that I'm planning on batching it with one of the bigger outgoing shipments, they may not fit and will go back up for sale.

Notable stuff. There is a WACCA available coming in April/May. There are only 5 or so Mini-Cute repro slots left, 1 pink, 4 yellow. One PRas 3 might be available in April. Big stock of RingEdge 2 and Type X3 coming in April. May or later will see 1-2 CHUNITHM, can expect to start seeing more Sound Voltex V. Vewlix DIA Blue/Black/Orange start coming around May or later. Initial D Zero pairs will be available starting May or later. I'll start having some spare ES3 and 357C PCBs, you can run whatever you happen to have or can ask if you need them running anything in particular. There's at least one Dance Rush available. Densha De GO!! HD is available for sale, BeatStreams are coming.

I'm working on fulfilling a LOT of requests; jubeat and reflecbeat are pretty backed up, Theatrhythm demand outstripped supply again, any DDR that isn't a 1st gen cab has about a year waitlist, having severe trouble getting any Pokken, Ongekis are almost fulfilled, cheaper model Vewlixes are in short supply, lot of IIDX cabs but a steady request list keeping up with them. As usual, ask me for ANYTHING, whether it is listed for sale or not. It's actual impossible to list everything available to import, I really more so need to know what people want so I can ask for it.

And really, I'm extremely backed up right now, both in allocating cabs to ship and work at home. Bear with me and if asked to send me reminders when you contact me, please do it or I likely won't get back to you. I've got at least 100 people on my client list right now, I can't remember everything. Expect processing times to be a few days or weeks, including shipping packages. That said, everything IS getting done and everyone IS getting fulfilled as promised. I just need to budget time carefully!

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Going forward I need to start putting my foot down on some things. There are a LOT of very large orders all going on at the same time. Generally everyone asks what the payment deadlines are and while I do have payment deadlines of "before the container ships", I also note that the sooner the better, as that will help make all containers move smoothly. I greatly appreciate all of you who make payments immediately, you may not realize just how much that has helped keep the monstrous machine behind the scenes running.

That said, it's a really big machine, and I am out of oil to keep it running without things showing. I will be in touch with EVERY person who has even small items on order to figure out payment deadlines, as I need to be more firm on them for the next 2 months or so. I've already got over $100,000 of my own personal funds invested solely to give people more leniency on payment timing, so anyone who is actually able to make advance payments, it will help to ease the burden. Naturally, this is my business and therefor it is not the consumer's problem to deal with. I understand that. However, it is good to note that there will be an effect on the timetable if everyone waits until the latest possible on deadlines, and everything counts.

Anyone who has worked with me knows that I put my heart and soul into this operation, go out of my way to give the best possible service I can, and seldom really ask hard for help. I'm asking it now. Get in touch with me if you're after anything, I'm probably in a position that I can work some things out with you. Everything will be back to a more normal pace in a few months after this container rush is sorted out.

Work pressure is continuing to increase, so once again another reminder to bear with me, I'm doing the best I can for everyone right now :)

EDIT: Side note, people like to keep telling me I need to take breaks. Please stop. I balance myself as needed. People don't realize that taking a day off can potentially cripple my operation. I appreciate the sentiment, but nobody gets it, just how much is invested into making this all happen. It is my entire life. ALL of it. I don't drink, I don't socialize, I don't get to play anything, just work. Again thank you for the feelings, but I will not rest at the expense of other people's orders.

Last edited:

streetlights

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave...youre the man! If anyone on here has bought something from Dave before I'm sure you've noticed that this just isn't his job...he really is passionate about arcades and he is super helpful and cool...even to those that have zero knowledge.

Buy with confidence!

Thanks for all of your help man...very much appreciated!

Cereth

Champion
Reaction score
Since we've gotten a lot more pictures of what we're getting as well as the container loading tomorrow, I'm now open to regular orders for BeatStream. The price has been dropped due to the knowledge of increased availability of headers. There are also parts, but not selling anything until I know for sure the state of the first 15 cabs. This is most likely the last chance to ever get an original BeatStream, don't miss it!