What's new

XtraSmiley

Champion
Reaction score
@xtrasmiley glad to see you are enjoying Dragon Breed.

Could you tell us what kind of stack you have ? I.e. the silkscreen on the boards. Mine are:

M72-C
M72-A-C
M72-B-D

And a picture of your A board taken from the connectors towards the C board would be nice as well :)
Here you go, not sure which connectors you are asking about, so here is both sides.

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    557 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    943.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 177

XtraSmiley

Champion
Reaction score
As far as the info being cut off the bottom, I know how to adjust resolution changes in the OSSC, but despite trying them all, the output still shows the bottom missing. I don't think it's being cut off, I think it might be missing.

Even at 480p real size, I get the image on my TV with all the borders, which are black. I think the game is actually perhaps not displaying the info at the bottom. Any ideas? Did the M72 version of DB have this info?

XtraSmiley

Champion
Reaction score
Thanks, I agree it’s getting cut off, but it’s not my monitor or as far as I can tell the OSSC. I’m not sure what else to try. I’ll mess with more settings today.

ShootTheCore

Enlightened
Reaction score
FWIW, the same cutting-off-the-bottom thing happens with my HAS piped directly into a Sony PVM CRT. I think it's just one of those quirks.

D46A23AD-56BB-45FD-A979-2C7A128929AC.jpeg

rtw

Champion
Reaction score
The HAS has a few sync settings, have you tried them to see if there are any differences ?

XtraSmiley

Champion
Reaction score
FWIW, the same cutting-off-the-bottom thing happens with my HAS piped directly into a Sony PVM CRT. I think it's just one of those quirks.

Thanks for posting this, I was beginning to think I was crazy! It's not an OSSC thing, the HAS (or game board) is cutting off the bottom.
The HAS has a few sync settings, have you tried them to see if there are any differences ?
I don't have a way to test as I don't yet have an RGB cable, but I'll ask RGB if I can run the CSync unbuffered without any risk of damage or if I can run the TTL as 75R to see if it makes a difference. I think I need the RGB cable to do so though.

****Are we even sure it's the HAS? Maybe the M72 version of DB doesn't have that info and they added it for the later versions?

rtw

Champion
Reaction score
****Are we even sure it's the HAS? Maybe the M72 version of DB doesn't have that info and they added it for the later versions?
You are running RGB out of the HAS Mini-Din so all the sync settings will apply. The SCART cable applies to the input of the OSSC.

The M72 version of Dragon Breed has that info, a bit strange to have a game without scores ? ;)

I suggest you make a thread for this and post a link here, don't want to derail the thread.

archimage

Happy
Grand Master
Reaction score

have you tried adjusting vertical blanking value in the service menu of the monitor ? this cutting can happen horizontally and vertically when this value is note set correctly on games that need more space on the screen

Yippikaye

Professional
Reaction score
Thanks, I agree it’s getting cut off, but it’s not my monitor or as far as I can tell the OSSC. I’m not sure what else to try. I’ll mess with more settings today.
I don't want to derail this thread, but I had a similar issue with my R-Type 2 board.
The only solution I got was to adjust the screen of my Sony TV (I'm using HAS + OSSC).
Your baord is fine, but those IREM boards have some weired sync/resolution :(

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I don't want to derail this thread, but I had a similar issue with my R-Type 2 board.The only solution I got was to adjust the screen of my Sony TV (I'm using HAS + OSSC).
Your baord is fine, but those IREM boards have some weired sync/resolution :(
Played Dragon Breed on the weekend and it shows up just fine for me using the Sentinel. I could adjust my PVM a little more, or hit the underscan button to see full bars. It shows up completely fine using RGB into the Framemeister too. Every game on the M72 has weird visual nuances though.

sentinel-2.JPG

XtraSmiley

Champion
Reaction score
I figured it out with the OSSC, you need to adjust the "vertical backporch length"... but it opened another can of stuff regarding LPF.. I don't want to clog this thread up. Please see my post here:

Home Arcade System - new supergun sets

Although as I dig more and more into this, I will likely start my own thread with results. My testing is getting crazy! Maybe I will get a Sentinel just to put it through it's technical paces!

frsj8112

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I have a M72 Armed Police Unit Gallop for sale here: PCBs for sale which can be used for the awesome M72 multi :)

asra

Student
Reaction score
I need this inside me.
(Please sign me up for one!)