What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
Is he saying his PCB has an issue where it shows no sprites? If so this multi wont magically fix that. The PCB needs to be fully working beforehand.

Hieroneus

Beginner
Reaction score
I got a x multiply m72, it will arrive the next week, how could i book a multi?
Thank you.

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Don't forget sir to put some tape over your eproms . don't let the UV part free
I've seen lots of people leave the windows exposed like it's no big deal.

But I've also bought more than a few "non-working" PCBs for dirt cheap that their only problem was they were missing the window sticker, the data was corrupt, and needed to be re-flashed.

-Ace-

Professional
Reaction score
I've seen lots of people leave the windows exposed like it's no big deal.

But I've also bought more than a few "non-working" PCBs for dirt cheap that their only problem was they were missing the window sticker, the data was corrupt, and needed to be re-flashed.
In regards to this, does anyone know where I can source good quality type eprom window stickers, similar to what they use on the Capcom CPS1/2 boards? I am interested in quality and not just any white sticker, etc.

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
In regards to this, does anyone know where I can source good quality type eprom window stickers, similar to what they use on the Capcom CPS1/2 boards? I am interested in quality and not just any white sticker, etc.
I've asked this exact question before: "CAPCOM" EPROM Labels?

Real Labels have a foil embedded in them to help block UV light and so far I've yet to find a satisfactory option. The few places I've found that have labels for sale in the proper material have ended up being too big to fit on an EPROM or too small to cover the windows for the games I'm interested in.

currently I use black electrical tape as that seems to do a decent job of blocking UV, but like you I'd love to have a proper option.

ShootTheCore

Enlightened
Reaction score
FWIW, I use these foil labels from Amazon. They're EPROM sized and although they don't look anything like original factory stickers, they function great in terms of reflecting light.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003KOIBDQ/ref=pe_385040_128020140_TE_3p_dp_1

IMG_0917.jpeg

Brentradio

Champion
Reaction score
Real Labels have a foil embedded in them to help block UV light and so far I've yet to find a satisfactory option. The few places I've found that have labels for sale in the proper material have ended up being too big to fit on an EPROM or too small to cover the windows for the games I'm interested in.

currently I use black electrical tape as that seems to do a decent job of blocking UV, but like you I'd love to have a proper option.
Couldn't you just cut a small piece of foil about the size of the window and press it to the black tape and then cover the window with the tape?

Seems like that would do.

:D

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Couldn't you just cut a small piece of foil about the size of the window and press it to the black tape and then cover the window with the tape?
I think you misinterpret what I mean by a "proper solution". I'm looking for
-something that sticks well to the ROM
-something that blocks UV light
-something I can cut on my cutting machine into any shape I want
-something I can print on with my printer
-something that has the same look/finish as an original ROM label