What's new

Bashi

Student
Reaction score
Hello, I'm fixing up a SEGA Model 3 harness that had missing power lines, the way that the harness was given to me, one of the power connectors (CN14) had no +5v wires, however had a couple grounds connected to the Jamma edge. As you can see in the diagram I have grounded the main power connector (CN13) to the power supply entirely, including the grounds, 3.3v, 5v (it is an ATX power supply and is the only thing that is powering the board, Jamma edge is simply for interfacing the controls/video). Is it safe for me to connect the missing 5v on CN14 from the power supply, while grounding it at the Jamma edge? Or do I need to ground at the power supply like the other grounds. Thanks!

Attachments

• sega_model3_pcb_arcde_filter_board_pinout.png
    sega_model3_pcb_arcde_filter_board_pinout.png
    172.2 KB · Views: 22
Is it safe for me to connect the missing 5v on CN14 from the power supply, while grounding it at the Jamma edge? Or do I need to ground at the power supply like the other grounds.

Grounds for CN13 and CN14 are connected on the motherboard side, so yes, you could to this, however, it's not good practice.

Personally, I would wire one or two grounds from both connectors to the jamma edge, and everything else to the PSU.

Grounds for CN13 and CN14 are connected on the motherboard side, so yes, you could to this, however, it's not good practice.

Personally, I would wire one or two grounds from both connectors to the jamma edge, and everything else to the PSU.
Will do then, thanks a bunch! It seemed this was kinda a simple question but I'm pretty new to this and couldn't find a concrete answer. I appriciate it!

Back