What's new

Gnaffron

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello there

Trust everyone is doing well, and playing arcades obviously :)

It does not look as bad as it really is in reality (I'll post another couple of pictures later on this wend to better show what the problem is) but on my Hantarex Polo 2 25-28 15-25kHz AUTO I have horizontal white lines moving up-down at the back of the image... (check the PDF file for the picture - it's actually a screenshot of a video + the picture with ryu+dalshim and look on the the elephant for instance which is grey, it's more obvious to depict my issue)..

On a image with colours while playing a video game, it does not look too bad (except that you have a feeling that you eyes hurt all the time...) but on a large section which is white for instance, it is obvious that these moving horizontal lines are present...

It really makes the overall experience horrible. I need to fix this.

While I posted another thread to get potential good references of vendors to get proper/adequate capkits for this specific version of my monitor, I am trying to see if there are ppl here who may have some ideas of what the root cause of this issue may be? As a general pointer.

worth mentionning that I tried to adjust the VSYNC potentiometer but it did not help to get this lines either being stable or to actual have them removed. Same for the G2/SCREEN on the HV ; i could not make this frame of lines disappearing...

Any potential clue?

Cheers

Regards,
Eric

Attachments

• IMG_7378.JPEG
    IMG_7378.JPEG
    144.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7390.JPEG
    IMG_7390.JPEG
    95 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7391.JPEG
    IMG_7391.JPEG
    123.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Hantarex Polo 2 25-28 15-25kHz AUTO - Horizontal White Lines-Frame moving up-down at the Back ...pdf
    452.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7336.JPEG
    IMG_7336.JPEG
    242.4 KB · Views: 29
For those who are interesting with similar problem... on my side the root cause of my problem with the noisy background at the back of the screen... the problem was actually that my PSU my dying with leaking capacitors... the PSU also took fire and thus I had to change all chemical capacitors... after fixing and cleaning the PSU board... the arcade was able to be turned on again correctly and the monitor was then working just fine... really brand as new... you really need a solid optimal and stable PSU for an arcade machine... https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/capcom-cps-001a-7a-psu-for-q25-capcom-cabinet.25992/

Back