What's new

Ioncannon

Student
Reaction score
Hello! Lurked around here for a bit and always wanted a candy cab since the 2000s but had a lack of space. Now that I finally have my own house I have somewhere to build my own arcade!

Huge fan of CPS3 games (SF3: Third Strike, Jojo's), Neo Geo, and Naomi games.

Speaking of NAOMI, I built a small project in the vein of people's Superguns here. I call it the Sakura I/O; an IO board that allow you to use USB joysticks (or racing wheels, flight sticks, etc) to play JVS arcade machines. Built it because I thought the whole Naomi + Capcom I/O + Supergun was a tad excessive (and expensive) when video and audio already used VGA and RCA. I took the prototype and a Naomi to my friends; and according to them (with higher fight game skills) they saw "zero input lag".

Anyone interested in such a device? Once I have time I'll fix up my currently not working PCB designs. Attached is the Arduino prototype.

Attachments

• IMG_20210126_190538_620.jpg
    IMG_20210126_190538_620.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I’m very interested I was just looking into OpenJVS today to avoid having to buy another IO board but I’m confused as to how I’d wire up standard joysticks and buttons to the Pi.

Welcome aboard to the best gaming community around. I've always had every question I've ever had answered here. You'll learn a lot by reading some of the technical threads. Feel free to reach out if you need anything, and don't forget to vote in my poles lol.

Back