What's new

gamezer0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an Atomiswave SD candy that didn’t come with the coin box key. How can I open it?

- Is this a standard key? (I assume not as every operator has their own key for this?)
- Is there any easy way to force it?
- As a last restort I guess I’d need to use a driller? How do I drill it?

Thanks!

C5A0180D-F1D8-44A1-A64E-7461E08D4F08.jpeg

It's a dimple key lock. If you like a challenge, you could pick it.

Otherwise just drill it. A decent metal drill bit will go right through it.

It's a dimple key lock. If you like a challenge, you could pick it.

Otherwise just drill it. A decent metal drill bit will go right through it.
I don’t have the tools to pick it so I guess drill it is. What’s the part I need to drill? The key hole? What’s to be expected once done? To be able to turn it with the hand or a screwdriver or something? (As you can see, I’ve never done anything like this before 🤣)

Thank you!

I just drill right through it, so the cam separates from the cylinder. I use large bit to do it (12mm).

Thanks both! I’ll let you know how it goes once I find the time to do it.

So curious to see what I find inside (likely nothing 🤣)

It’s important to select a 3/8-1/2 bit and start with that size don’t try to step drill by starting with a smaller size and working up. The parts you are drilling through is brass and will drill like butter but if you drill with a smaller size and need to drill again to make it bigger, it will grab and torque your wrist and hand.
Start with largest bit you can and guide it through the center of the lock barrel, tilt the drill around to guide the drill so it tracks centered while drilling first 1/4” of depth,, then just drill all the way until you separate the locking tang from the end of the barrel.
If your bit is sharp you should be through in about 2 minutes

I ended up drilling it with the largest bit I have (10mm) until the tongue fell into the box. All done! Sadly no surprises inside 🤣

Thanks all for your help!

Back