What's new
Hey guys, can you point me in the right direction to get a PSU going for my model 3? I bought vf4 off eBay for like $150 a few months ago complete with cage and everything. The seller stated the game had graphics issues. I purchased this model 3 to jamma adaptor as well and I want to upload pics of it if it's fine to do so here to see if I had it connected properly. I know I don't have power to it which is what I need here. But I wanted to get something to see more of what the seller stated as I was planning to send it off to Ken in the near future. The pics uploaded are what I got from eBay. I connected according to the picture but some colors of the harness I got weren't the same in the picture. I also had to use a Dremel to shave down some sides.

Attachments

• model 3 harness 2.jpg
    model 3 harness 2.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 66
  • model 3 harness 3.jpg
    model 3 harness 3.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 70
  • model 3 harness 4.jpg
    model 3 harness 4.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 69
  • model 3 harness.jpg
    model 3 harness.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 72
I would look for a harness that connects the model 3 filter board to an ATX power supply, as in, the adapter has an ATX molex on it.

Here is the adapter I use -- bought it with my vf3 board from YAJ.

Attachments

• i-img1200x900-1668992441a89xft459197.jpg
    i-img1200x900-1668992441a89xft459197.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 86
Finally I had time to advance with this. Replacing the 400-5330 with a 750 watt modular psu. I may remove some of the 120 VAC fans inside my daytona 2 and use 12VDC equivalents.

Attachments

• IMG_7067.jpeg
    IMG_7067.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 61
Finally I had time to advance with this. Replacing the 400-5330 with a 750 watt modular psu. I may remove some of the 120 VAC fans inside my daytona 2 and use 12VDC equivalents.
I bought a Corsair modular power supply but am still incredibly confused on how to wire it up. Did you make your own cable? I have Virtua fighter 3 + blast city psu that doesn’t seem to have adequate voltage - and a Corsair RM-750x on the way.

I just recapped a Model 3 PSU last week. Before recapping I got 2.90V on the 3.3V rail with the pot maxed out. After recapping, I got the full 3.30V. It was a dozen capacitors and an hour's worth of work

I bought a Corsair modular power supply but am still incredibly confused on how to wire it up. Did you make your own cable? I have Virtua fighter 3 + blast city psu that doesn’t seem to have adequate voltage -

Hello there,

yep, I ended up making my own harness.

and a Corsair RM-750x on the way.
IMG_2437.jpeg

I just recapped a Model 3 PSU last week. Before recapping I got 2.90V on the 3.3V rail with the pot maxed out. After recapping, I got the full 3.30V. It was a dozen capacitors and an hour's worth of work
I think I am going to send my Blast PSU for a recap as well. Sounds like similar voltages I was getting on my Blast PSU.

Hello there,

yep, I ended up making my own harness.

IMG_2437.jpeg
Do you ever build harnesses for other people? This looks like what I need. I contacted Lemony via DM but it was just last night in the AM so I am going to give him adequate time to respond first. Thank you!

I've never done a harness for somebody else, as I don't have enough wire, nevertheless I do have connectors.

If Lemony can't help. let me know and we'll figure out something :)

Back