What's new

Zebra

Professional
Reaction score
I am trying to remove the C board from my Street Fighter 2 CE PCB to replace the rom chips but it feels kinda stuck.

On this video, the guy seems to remove his C board with little effort:

Mine doesn't budge even when I apply a good bit of pressure. Is there something I need to do to release it besides pulling? I am worried about breaking it if I pull any harder.

Pull so the force is placed on the connector the long way (green arrow, not red)...
scLSnRV.png

and loosen it up by pulling gently/slightly on both left/right hand sides first.
Use care to avoid bending pins inside the connector.

If the boards have never been separated before it may take a good amount of force.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pull so the force is placed on the connector the long way (green arrow, not red)...
scLSnRV.png

and loosen it by pulling up slightly on both left/right hand sides first.
Use care to avoid bending pins inside the connector.
Thanks. Do you mean I should pull the C board from the front and back of the board?

Sorry bro, I drew you a little pic and everything... I don't know how to be more clear.

There are no clips or anything like like, the C-Board should pull right off. but if it's never been removed it can be stuck on there pretty good.

you just have to work it loose gently pulling from the narrow end of the connectors like Jassin said because if you pill from the wide end you can risk damaging things.

Ok thanks. I managed to get it off and I replaced the rom chips. Hopefully I didn't break anything. Fingers crossed that the new rom chips work.

The C board feels a lot looser now that I put it back on. It comes off now as easily as in that guy's video.

Back