What's new

seventhbigsmoke

Student
Reaction score
Someone is selling an id8 server will that work with my id5 machines I'm wanting to get my linked asap! Let me know thank you.

I don't think so...but I haven't tried.
The multi version (Crediar / Jackalus) offers a serverless versus, but maybe you want to play with the originals?
I seem to have an original ID5 kit (CF/Keychip/HDD), unfortunately I don't believe it is possible to duplicate it.

The multi version (Crediar / Jackalus) offers a serverless versus, but maybe you want to play with the originals?
I seem to have an original ID5 kit (CF/Keychip/HDD), unfortunately I don't believe it is possible to duplicate it.
Does that version work in the original cabs? I've got theae machines running at my arcade at the mall I'm an arcade operator. I'd love to get these linked some how cause linked games always make money and these are not. Is the multi version a copy of id5 you put on a hard drive or??

Woupd it be easier to get a id5 export image online and install it on a new ssd with an ide adapter to sata. That way i don't have to have a server? I have found an image of id5 export is it just drag and drop?

If I understand correctly, you currently have a Japanese ID5 twin without a server?
with a faulty server? It seems to me that the Japanese ID4 version requires a server, which the EXPORT version does not. Maybe it's the same for ID5?

You should try:
- to convert JAP motherboards to EXPORT, maybe the server will no longer be necessary?
- the multiplayer allows you to access the original version of the game but does not automatically start the game. You have to choose the game when you start it and press a few buttons.
- To my knowledge, it is not yet possible (or easy) to put the game directly on the HDD to play it...

If I understand correctly, you currently have a Japanese ID5 twin without a server?
with a faulty server? It seems to me that the Japanese ID4 version requires a server, which the EXPORT version does not. Maybe it's the same for ID5?

You should try:
- to convert JAP motherboards to EXPORT, maybe the server will no longer be necessary?
- the multiplayer allows you to access the original version of the game but does not automatically start the game. You have to choose the game when you start it and press a few buttons.
- To my knowledge, it is not yet possible (or easy) to put the game directly on the HDD to play it...
I do not own a server i got the twin machines without a server. I've heard with the export version you no longer require the server. I download a id5 export image. But trying to find out if i can just boot that instead of having a multi cause i would rather not have to push anything but power it on sense it's in a mall at my arcade.

If you take the game POWER SMASH 3 (CF,HDD,Keychip) from a Japanese motherboard and put everything in an export motherboard, the game becomes VIRTUA TENNIS 3...no security. However it does not work with Virtua Vighter 5 EXPORT...the game does not work on a Japanese motherboard. You should use a multi kit to change the region of one of your motherboards, from Japanese to export, to see if your Japanese game ID5 becomes ID5 Export. I never checked.

If you take the game POWER SMASH 3 (CF,HDD,Keychip) from a Japanese motherboard and put everything in an export motherboard, the game becomes VIRTUA TENNIS 3...no security. However it does not work with Virtua Vighter 5 EXPORT...the game does not work on a Japanese motherboard. You should use a multi kit to change the region of one of your motherboards, from Japanese to export, to see if your Japanese game ID5 becomes ID5 Export. I never checked.
How much are the multi kits running for?

No auto boot with the multi. I suggest you install this multi only to change the region of your motherboards. Once the region is changed, put your HDD, CF, keychip Initial D 5 back, maybe your game will become an export and can work without a server.

Back