What's new

kikaso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just played through the first boss of Ninja Spirit and noticed the slowdown. I don’t know how to count frames but 25% slowdown like @ShootTheCore said feels right.

Anyone get to the bottom of this?

Last edited:

AlxUnderBase

Champion
Reaction score
Good afternoon , sir @Apocalypse, ! Please, i'd like to know what kind of socket are needed to be used to put a MB8421 ram chip in it (it's the 1.78mm pitch) ? Can you tell me how is called ? Thank you in advance !

jepjepjep

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could anyone let me know if massive slowdown is normal on this hardware? Some examples:

- Ninja Spirit 1st boss if you are using shirukens with a few clones and don't kill him right away when he starts firing lots of green projectiles

On my boardset it goes down to what has to be single digit FPS during these parts. Not having owned the boards before I'm not really sure what's correct and it's hard to tell in MAME what's "accurate" slowdown.

Just played through the first boss of Ninja Spirit and noticed the slowdown. I don’t know how to count frames but 25% slowdown like @ShootTheCore said feels right.

Anyone get to the bottom of this?

I've been playing Ninja Spirit a lot lately. Here's a PCB capture of a Japanese version PCB (not the multi):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcvKumSMt04&t=130s

I believe the slowdown is probably normal. The game slows down a lot on the first boss because of all of the projectiles. Stage 6 is another area where the slowdown hits hard. There's just so much action going on at once. I have a multi too and I haven't noticed any discernible differences in the slowdown, only region differences in the gameplay.

kikaso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been playing Ninja Spirit a lot lately. Here's a PCB capture of a Japanese version PCB (not the multi):

I believe the slowdown is probably normal. The game slows down a lot on the first boss because of all of the projectiles. Stage 6 is another area where the slowdown hits hard. There's just so much action going on at once. I have a multi too and I haven't noticed any discernible differences in the slowdown, only region differences in the gameplay.
Yeah that looks about right. Thanks for sharing that. Glad it’s normal operation. I didn’t get passed the first boss as quickly as in the video 😞

AlxUnderBase

Champion
Reaction score

On pc engine is the same slowdows witch didnt disturb me or my brother when we used this title